Sign in to follow this  
bennyg

un-educated newbie! needs info

Looking for a rado at the mo but dont know which to get id like a bit more oomph than the 1.8 16v so i thought 2.0 16v or G60, but im a student and so dont know wheather id be able to maintain/ fix a charger on a tight budget :? ! anyone know performance figures/power of the 2.016v? and whats ur views on the two????????? Cheers guys 8)

hi mate...im pretty sure ur looking at around 136bhp for a 1.8l 16v......and around 150bhp for a 2.0l 16v...agian i may be wrong but i think a standard g60 puts out around 160 bhp but is easily tweakable.

if ur on a budget as far as the running costs go ( mpg included ) i would go for a 2.0 16v. then when u've qualified and ur earning that massive graduate wage :) then move on to a vr6.....good luck with ur search anyway dude. :lol:

Cheers dude! :-P am leaving my E30 beemer for the rado. I thinmk im coming down with the vee-dub fever again :) , previously had it with a mk1 and 3 golf then a vento, and recovered with a bm, but i can feel it coming on again :-P

cool....well enjoy looking for ur car...i'd check out the "for sale" section on this forum....usually tidy examples on here from trust worthy enthusiasts

The 2 16Valvers produce the same power. The 2 litre has more torque

ahhh... so the 2.0l is around 136 too then???

oh, i was hoping for a bit more. i thought it may be the same engine as in the mk3 2.0 16v gti which has 150bhp?

Tha MK3 has an ABF engine which is all electronic, it does have 150 and can be chipped to 175ish. The Corrado is a 9A which is posh version of K-Jet, it can be messed with to give around 150-60.

Gavin

im running a G60 and im student :D

its bog standard goes like the clappers though :D

all i can say is if you can afford one that had its charger done and is in pretty good cond, your still going to pay out for it.

in the first 2 weeks of having my rado ive already replaced the breather pipe, had a full stainless exhaust system fitted (nearly same cost for a mild steel one) a new cat 1 alarm/immob system, a high presure oil sensor AND an oil service not to mention all the squeaks rattles and general wear and tear on it.

having said that it cost me £2k to buy, and it only needed the sensor and the oil, i can see myself pouring many hundreds if not thousands into the car and not regretting it purely on the basis that :

1. everyone checks out the car

2. its so much fun to drive

3. the look on somebodies face when you overtake em

4.the spoiler!!!!!

i'd say if you can afford the upkeep get a g60, if not get the best condition latest 1.8 16v you can.

I’ve had a 1.8 16v for over 2 years and only needed to buy a new tire for it and £80 on both MOT's. Been very reliable and cant decide if i should sell it or keep it as its been so good. When people ask what’s the mileage and i say 159,000 they laugh and take the piss until i tell them that once there "ford" has done that many miles it will probably be getting crushed :)