Dirtysouth

Brakes

just about to order some disks and pads all round, i have two choices

Brembo max grooved with EBC green stuff pads all round or Pagid

x drilled zimmerman with EBC or Pagid

wat your views, wat are you running?

cheers

muks

I'd go with the Brembos and Pagids from that selection, but personally I'd just use VAG metal and pagid fast road pads if it were my money.

VAG disks with either Pagid fast road or Mintex C-TEK 1144 pads... Great combination, work well and nice and cheap too... 8)

Unless you are going to be using it on the track OE disks and pads are perfectly ok.

My god when was the last time you had fun in your car?

I got fade reliably and with Dot4 fluid so had a change and use the 288mm MkIV setup but cross drilled discs and same at the back but in adition to the hles they have grooves, not sure if the rears matter that much but the fronts are impressive and on a shoestring budget too!

Chris

Unless you are going to be using it on the track OE disks and pads are perfectly ok.

My god when was the last time you had fun in your car?

I got fade reliably and with Dot4 fluid so had a change and use the 288mm MkIV setup but cross drilled discs and same at the back but in adition to the hles they have grooves, not sure if the rears matter that much but the fronts are impressive and on a shoestring budget too!

Chris

That's 'cos you were using DOT4 fluid... Use DOT5.1 and some braded hoses and I'll be impressed (or at least somewhat worried) if you can fade the brakes on public roads... :| ;)

Got a bike for going mental. Unfortunatly the car only gets a good blast now and again plus I only have a 16v so I dont have to worry about slowing down from high speeds.