Sign in to follow this  
sefton

Optional gauge panel (Discontinued)!

I've just been on to the Loacl seallership about the Optional gauge panel and the said it was discontinued last year!

Bastad!!

I've just been on to the Loacl seallership about the Optional gauge panel and the said it was discontinued last year!

Bastad!!

There are four available two for the LHD and two for the RHD

Are you after the one with the guages in, or the one with holes for VDO gauges.

I've seen the later on ebay latly

I bought this a while back from a guy off the Corrado Club, but the problem was that I could never fit the damm thing as it was too small, i know this fits into the centre console, but it looks like there is something missing. I have the RHD one, but wanted to know how to fit this item, as I have the gauges and the surround, is there any additional parts that you will need to fit before you fit Gauge Panel to get a flush finish ?

I have recently bought the same part from Fat Tony on this forum. You need to order 2 brackets, 2 screws to fix the panel to the brackets and 2 screw covers. When I ordered my parts the LH bracket was obsolete, so I just used 2 RH brackets. You will need to drill some small holes on the inside of the console bin, to fix in the brackets. Use some small self tapping screws the fix the brackets in place. Secure the gauges to the panel & then screw the panel to the brackets. The gauge panel will not fit flush with the front face of the console, it will be recessed by approx 20mm. I think I still have the part nos some where.

Jon G60,

Thanks for that, that explains the big gap in the console, I would really appericaite it if you could get me those part numbers. Also i'm assuming that these barackets and screws are avaiable from the good ol' stealership??

G60Jet,

I'm interested in getting hold of the instrument binnacle (RHD) with gauges fitted.

I know they're rare. Does anyone know where you can still get them?

Andy

Right then, here the part no's:-

2 x Screw N013 966 26 (fixes panel to brackets)

1 x Clamp 535 863 247 (LH bracket - now OBOSLETE)

1 x Clamp 535 863 248 (RH bracket - use 2 of these)

2 x Plug 535 867 842 A4FB (Screw Head Covers)

All of these can be bought from the stealers, I think the total was about £3 !!

i bought mine off the corrado club, went to B & Q and got some right angle brackets and some screws and fitted it myself, looks pukka..

Okay.

What sort of gauges are normally fitted in the holes? I'm assuming oil press' and battery charge level?

Are these VW items? If so, any idea what the part numbers are and price.

I thought I saw a vw cetnre binnacle once with pre-fitted gauges that were illumated. It looked excellent. I guess this item is discontinued too?

Andy

I have to say, the centre gauge panel thing is really tempting. I am only kinda unsure about the mod for a few reasons :

* Cost of bits like the actual gauges and oil pressure sender..

* How DIY it is - because I haven't got a freakin clue when it comes to do this kind of thing :|

I really wanna do the mod though as it looks sweet, and my centre 'binnacle' is used for absolutely nothing.

Andy,

The VW item does crop up on eBay from time to time, but dealers like Niko are prepared to pay the cash to snap em up - they go quite quickly as they are so rare. But the original item does look very cool.. :)

Yea, you are right - its normally oil pressure and battery power gauges that go in there - but if you have a G60, I think you can put some kind of boost gauge in there? Is that right anyone?

G60Jet,

I'm interested in getting hold of the instrument binnacle (RHD) with gauges fitted.

I know they're rare. Does anyone know where you can still get them?

Andy

I saw one on ebay but it was a lefty, check the parts companies that advertise in PVW and The golf mag

I know i know, but modded car mags are hard to find here

Yeah, I currently have just the boost gauge in one of the holes. It simply works off the vacuum sensor at the back of the instrument cluster. If you use a T piece & a length of vacuum hose it can be fitted within an hour.

Don't know what to put in the other hole, maybe an oil pressure gauge. Gauges are usually around £40 & the senders are the same. I think the G60 already has the wiring to plug in the sender to gauge. I seem to have a spare wire dangling around the top of the oil cooler/filter area. Can anybody comfirm which wire is the correct one i.e. colour?

I think the G60 already has the wiring to plug in the sender to gauge. I seem to have a spare wire dangling around the top of the oil cooler/filter area. Can anybody comfirm which wire is the correct one i.e. colour?

The G60 does have a wire for the second sender, the VW duel pole sender is about £80 in the uk, is a 10bar item and you need the oil pressure gauge to match. i would get one that a near complete clock rather than the 60 degree needle like mine Photo later

the wire at the other on inside the car arnt easy to find though!!!

Nige B

I had this done got the two VDO gauges and sender from around £120 for the lot, Volt meter and Oil Pressure. This is what is in the manual (keeping it to original spec). If I had to do it again I would like a boost guage. You can get digital ones that have dual functions. Really sweet but like 350$. A lot of money.

My mechanic fitted it and a new arial for 30 quid

http://www.germancarcompany.co.uk/

HTH

Sefton are you still looking for a gauge panel as i was very lucky to come across two and i took one not too be greedy so as i know there is 1 still left to date !

The Vag Number is 53685820101c

i paid £ 10.57 which in cluded Vat

the only thing that i forgot was the the brackets and other bits i need

if you still want it as you asked first email me and i will give you the phone

number and you can deal direct with them but be quick :D

VR Zen Are you 100% sure it is still available as when I last tried to get a couple more the stealers were showing 4 on the computer system scattered across the country but when it actually came to getting them they weren't available the computer lies or my mate at VAG does :D

I saw the threads of not being able to get the Panels and thought S**t as

i really wanted one.... so i phoned around and yes, like you said none about, but then was given 2 numbers by VAG dealers because two was showing on the database some where , any way i phoned up and with luck he had it in stock which came in the post today and they are for rhd as well !!

I think it was just Pot Luck Really !! :D