Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Aquamist ERL Water Injection Kits ?

Bloody forum.....just did a nice reply and it crashed.

Anyway, no idea on gains with your engine mate but expect some good gains if the boost pressure is increased, which you can do quite a bit due to the inlet charge being much colder. Depends who and how it's mapped, I'd get stealth to do it personally....at least the figures will be realistic and they have experience of water injection too.

Right I just got this info from my contact.

Detailed Description

Get a complete kit that is tested and proven! Compatible with methanol!

This kit includes the following:

* High pressure 120-140 psi diaphragm pump with viton valves.

* Easy install Injector nozzle - pre-assembled!

* 8ft (standard) or 20ft (trunk option) High Pressure Blue Nylon 11 tubing

* 30amp automotive relay

* Choice of 1-4, 1-10, 4-15 psi boost switch, variable injection module, or rpm pill for activation

* Instant On fittings for Pump, Solenoid, and Misting Nozzle.

* Industrial grade electric block-off solenoid - prevents water/alky in lines from being drawn in while not in boost.

* 10ft (standard) or 20ft (trunk) - 10 guage copper wire, for pump

* 20ft of 18 guage copper wire - for other electrical

* Various crimp terminals for wire hookups

* Fuse assembly

* Easy to follow instructions

Requires simple tools for installation -

* 1/8NPT tap and drill

* crimp, cut and strip wire tool

* teflon tape or pipe dope

* adjustable wrench

* flat blade screwdriver

* Reservoir. Or tap into existing windshield washer tank.

If doing an under hood pump install, utilizing the existing washer fluid reservoir makes installation simplified. The advantage of a trunk mounted pump/res install is cooler fluid temps. The 1 or 2 quart containers that come with some competitor models are far too small. Our observation is a minimum of 1-2 gallons for our own driving with 500hp.

Some other kits do not provide a water solenoid. As a result, water/alcohol from the bottle can be sucked in to the engine under idle/cruising which is not recommended! A reservoir is not provided since there is no one size fits all. A 1+ gallon container is recommended.

Now available HOT ITEM!! Variable Injection control module. Takes 0 to 5v dc input such as throttle position, MAF, MAP sensor. One dial allows you to select the spray on point. Another dial adjusts the injector flow relative to the sensor output. This will reduce water/alcohol usage as well provide it at a rate to match your air and fuel intake needs. This could also eliminate the need for a FMU such used on ATI,Vortech, etc kits. If you are nearing the limit of your injectors or fuel supply, this may be the solution to your problem. Why add 93 octane gasoline when you can use much higher octane alcohol, on demand?

kevhaywire would I be right in saying you can just use Water Injection as an add on, but you can get also get it re-map'd to get the most out of it?

I wouldnt want peeps misundersanding what you have wrote thinking that you have to get it re-map'd, and that it can be used just to reduce intake temps, thus increasing BHp.

And another note wen kev refaired to the fickle pumps, he is on about the aquamist pumps, the pumps in my kit are self priming and can run dry with out damage for a certain amount of time.

Yeah, I just recommend the two kits above to Jedi because if I had £14K's worth of S3, I'd want to know when the pump isn't working!!

But yeah, you're right. The basic kit just runs standalone from a basic MAP sender.

The Aquamist pumps claim the same Gibber, but they don't last long if you run em dry!

So are you up for doing a group buy on these then gibber or if you want I can just order one from your contact just now, would prefer if they were cheaper thru a group buy tho' !? :D

Cheers

PS Your badge is in the post mate !

could be interested - although do I have to carry a 2 gallon tank around with me?!?!

I dont have much boot space y'know!

I get quite long out of my washer bottle! it only works when you are on boost remember.

Yes I will be setting up a GB on Monday, look out for a new thread.

G-out

This looks quite interesting. I have been tryin to find info about these on the internet but cant really find the answer I am looking for. I have a pretty standard 91 Corrado G60. I am looking at getting an oil cooler soon and a better Intercooler hopefully in next few months. What I am asking is would it be worthwhile to get one of these kits and put it on now? Would it be better just to wait until i get all these other things done first?