Sign in to follow this  
20valver

Swap it or sell it?

As some of you read I had a rather unfortunate bump a couple of months ago. :cry: My car suffered some N/S/F damage, and then was hit quite hard in the rear by 106.

After a lot of negotiating with insurance companies etc, I am in situation where I can buy back the salvage, but have to destroy the chassis. It is technically a class C, but they claim that the rear damage and cost of corrado parts brought it so close to being a class B, they need to ensure the chassis is destroyed.

So I am now left with a lot of quality parts which I can either transfer to a new corrado shell, sell individually or sell as a complete package to another corrado owner who want to transform their own dub.

So what would you lot do? and how much money do you think that i would be able to get back if I chose to part with all the parts, either as a whole or by breaking?

To give you an idea of the spec of the car have a look in the members gallery, the Black 1.8T.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18341

ps. I may have already sold the porca seats, but still waiting for a reply. I do have some immaculate retrimmed front seats to match the rest of the interior, as trimmed by mj.

Any advise or estimate on prices of parts would be much appreciated....

Gutted for you, hope the payout was good.

If I was you i'd look for a shell and transfer everything.

The 225 engines have been advertised for around £1,400 recently, sorry can't help with all the other gear although i wouldn't mind that box to go with my 1.8t.

Such a sad end to a sweet C. Glad you are ok.

Buy it back and sell it whole for someone to reshell is the easiest solution. Buying it back and breaking it in bits will get you more money but it is a pain and you end up with leftover parts that you can't sell but don't want to throw away and just clutter up your garage with.

With the insurance payout you could buy a cheap 1.8 16v (about £800-£1200) then chuck your engine into it, sell it on for a tidy sum and buy a mint Corrado and go to town on that.

Bit confused about the Cat C crushing issue. Either it is Cat B and is not to be returned to the road, or it is a Cat C uneconomical to repair, but can be returned to the road. Was unaware that they can blur the lines between the two.

Cheers for the comments. I am still really gutted about the car, but I'm gonna rebuild it into another shell now. I think it's the best way to claw back some of the money from the salvage.

So I'm now on the look out for another corrado with tidy bodywork, to swap the whole lot over to. I'm gonna have a look at a couple of 8vs, and see if I can get a bargin.

gibber, Cheers. I'll bare it in mind, but on the look out for a dark one really.

Got a couple of 8v lined up to have a look at.

I know someone who may be interested, how much would you want for it as a whole damaged car?