Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Water prob cont--are the garage right or talking.......s!

My VR runs slightly lower water temps than that. But then it has a new rad, thermostat, top hose and aux water pump. In this cooler winter weather the water temp will sit at 80-85 on a continuous drive. (No the fan is not stuck on!)

But I don't think 90 is anything to worry about.

Nice one guys. Just used to my old golf VR, so the temps on the raddo are a bit of a shock. Water temp and oil temp dont seem to tie together from what im used to. Might do the top rad hose incase that small pipe to the head is part block aswell just to be sure, but think im happy now.

I cant leave stuff alone anwyay so ill prob end up replacing bits continuously!

Your stars! Either of you at gti international next weekend then? Like i said beer on me if you are!

My new 17s are knocking my teeth out! might go back to the 15s for the drive to gti!

:D

did you end up replacing the radiator, the temp shouldnt go up in traffic.... or at least thats why my car overheated. I replaced everything now including fan and fan wiring. took my a year but I got it done!

who was that addressed to, potatonet?

The radiator on my VR was replaced before I got it.

Obviously the water temp will increase if you're stuck in traffic, but the oil temp should drop steadily until it *matches* the water temp (oil temp on a running VR tends to be greater than 100 degrees). When the fans kick in, it should be able to maintain 95-100 degrees even in totally still air, but you need a LOT of cooling to get it to drop, these engines produce SO much heat. (140kw gets to the wheels, so around another 200kw has to be dissipated as heat at full power output...)

Nick, no to Inters this year m8. Doing single horse power at Badminton instead.

it was aimed at 2cc, good job with the math, your numbers are close estimating that these engines are only 40 % efficient, wish I could make a carnot cycle engine..... physically impossible blah blah.