Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

16V G60, looking at possibilites for pistons

ok so I am building on of these.

http://www.bahnbrenner.com/media/php/16v.php

and they want me to buy their low compression pistons.... 700 US.

well I have heard a rumor or 2 that Audi S2 pistons will work for the conversion... not sure if thats true or not. what I was wondering is if anyone had an S2 piston, or a pic of one that they could post or compare with these.

http://www.bahnbrenner.com/media/php/ca ... &catid=116

cant see them as well as you could before so I am trying to get a better pic from BBM. but does anyone know if this will work? I am using these for rods.

http://www.bildon.com/catalog/DetailsLi ... EALW&Nav=6

and this for a crank

http://www.bahnbrenner.com/media/php/ca ... p?pid=1036

hope it will work, I could use a standard G60 crank because they are forged too but I want everything pretty much maxxed out.

BTW anyone got a 50mm scirocco intake manifold they want to sell for 200US? I have a standard one from the sciroccos here, still hard as heck to find, but I want the big one.. from the early KR, non cat models

i can get low comp forged pistons for a lot cheaper than that to any compression you want.

S2 pistons will work as the bore and stroke ratio of the straight 5 20 is exactly the same as all vw 1.8 engines

You can actually use both the S2 pistons and the S2 conrods as they will fit the standard crankshaft. The crankshaft in the G60 and 16v block is the same item so will be more than capable of dealing with the extra forces involved.

On a manifold front you could use a cut down S2 manifol as well, it will need an adapter plate welding on for the G60 throttle body but it is a better design when using forced induction.

Final advice would be to speak to 16vG60 on here, he runs this conversion and is a mine of useful info!

ok so forget the 50mm intake manifold, I would make a chopped down one before I spent that much... ghee60 how much can you get 8.5:1 forged pistons that will work in a G60 block for the conversion? BTW I am in US so shipping will be like a month via royal to USPS. thanks.

Hey potatonet,

I've finished my

9A g60.16v motor with a g60

compressor,i've left the engine's

compression ratio stock,i still haven't

had time to fit it back in my car yet.

Anyway,if your interested i've got loads of

1800 'KR' pistons/rods+G60 piston/rods,

you could use the 'KR's' pistons and stock rods,

mill 2mm of the top of the piston to form a small

bowl shape then offset the small end bushes in the

con-rods,you then have ~8.1CR.

VeeDubbed I am looking for a drop in conversion, create a 2D image of what you are talking about, also offset the small end bushes? what is that?

What I want to do it take out my rods and pistons, either put in different rods, same length, or keep the existing rods. I want to use pistons that I can just put onto the rods and be able to use 16V head on car. modifying pistons doesnt seem safe for the amount of boost I am going to be running this car at.

2E pistons would require an overbore on the case, as they are 82.5 mm instead of 81 mm.

VEEDUBBED I like the idea of modifying the top of the piston but offsetting the bushes doesnt sound right for some reason... PM me with a pic of some sort so I can get an idea what you are talking about.