Sign in to follow this  
veritas137

boost return delete, made my own part

I wanted a blockoff plate and the only company that I knew of that made them never emailed me back. Since a friend of mine has a mill I figured why not make my own. Drew out the design and picked up the 1/8th inch aluminum. A couple hours later and I have my own custom part. So far so good with it, is this common on the other side of the pond?

blockoff-1.jpg

blockoff-2.jpg

blockoff-3.jpg

blockoff-4.jpg

They aren't well common over here but i think G-werks do them (correct me if i'm wrong). I have one on my car which looks pretty much the same as yours....you did well there mate!

currently waiting for a disk of toughened glass for a blanking plate i am having made that will allow you to see into the charger while its running 8) and have just got the polished ally frame for it so i should be posting some pics of that up soon

Really, that sounds pretty mad. I would love to see the internals of the charger on the move!!!

Look forward to seeing the pics mate!

Anyone have problems with the valve cover vent after doing this? ONly concern I have really heard is that the valve cover ventilation needs a vacuum to work, but at idle I could feel a nice steady stream of air coming out.

And yeah, the sound it makes now is pretty wicked.

just put a length of 3/4 oil hose on it and dump it to the ground. easy cheap and effective,

Yeah, I did the hose to the ground thing. Only reason I asjed is because there is a guy saying that it has to be hooked bacfk in becvause it needs a vacuum to work properly which I don't agree with.

piped mine into an airline fitting i welded into the boost return blank off plate that i made as i didnt want a catch tank,,

but i thought one of the main benifits is to not put back all the misty sludgy oil into the charger and route the breather to a catch tank thats what ive got g-werks do custom catchtanks.

I think they'd probably take a very long time to fill up judging by the slight amount of oil that makes it out of my breather pipe...

they don't really fill up too much. but the charger does require the oil mist to lubrcate the apex seals,, i got rid of my catch tank as i got rank oil smells back in the cabin,( think i was using too much water in the water injection) as i used to get a lot of water in the oil mist, and no the head gasket has not gone and the oil/water cooler has been taken off.,