Sign in to follow this  
blackcat

exhaust back box 16v - prices??

The exhaust is blowing at the back box. ATS said it would cost £190 for a new one. Does this sound like a reasonable price? GSF are selling them for £79, is the labour for fitting one going to be over £100??

be cafeful on the quality of the exhaust. the cheaper ones are literally half the price of the "OE" ones - and last half as long

depending on how long you plan on keeping the car, buy what you can afford.

as for fitting, you could do that yourself without much bother!

i got the same quote from ATS, plus i found out my middle pipe was bodged together out of bits from several 16v centre pipes, and that they couldnt order a middle pipe cause its a vag only part?

went down the road to powerflow (the guy who fits em its a legend does great work [must be a first for PF]) and got a quote for a whole system for £305.

i personally scrapped all the oe exhausts when they fell off my c's and had a local guy who built performance systems to order fit one cost around 280 for 16v and made a big difference and around 310 for my vr and again made a big difference just mho, i got him to do one for mk2 only 2 months ago and made a good bit of difference pulls much stronger in 2,3,4 now, but yeah only fit what you can afford and it depends on how long you want to keep the car for....

i was quoted 650 quid for a full system for my vr6 from ATS

in the end i went to Midland VW and got a Jetex Stainless beauty for about 400 i think. couple of years back. a fantastic exhaust. sounds like standard