Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Back again from Germany, VW Meet

As some might already have known, I spent the weekend just gone in Germany at a mate of mine's place together with a few more Scirocco folk that I know from the German Sciroccoforum that I hang out on.

Well, after a b**rd start of my journey (decided to fly, got caught on the train to the airport without a tcket, as the ticket counter had a huge queue, ticket machine doesn't take £5 notes, and I had to catch that plane :mad: , but at least got well shirty with the ba***rd ticket inspector, and will continue by giving them grief in writing, which I'm very good at :D ), delayed flight out of B'ham leading to a missed connection from A'dam onwards to Stuttgart, running through the terminal still trying to catch the flight, and once arrived at the gate not only being told that the flight had left 2 minutes ago, but also realising that I'd lost the keys to my Rado (as there was yet another bl***dy X-ray check on the way to the gate :mad: ) :mad: :mad:

Luckily enough the keys had been found and left at the transfer desk where I had to arrange an alternative flight.

Anyway, enough moaning (sh*te public transport, it just doesn't work!!), on with the fun.

I drove from the airport back to mate's place in his G60-Rado :D , met up with the other gang, had lots of beer, fun and frolics, next day went to a Museum of Technology (nice 40 km trip in my mate's Audi Coupe, me at the wheel :D ), followed by a visit to a certain restaurant where I'd been once before (gorgeous waitresses shall we say :twisted: ), followed on Sunday by a VW meet.

Unfortunately I did not get to drive my mate's G60 (he was planning on taking his Hornstein Scirocco cabriolet), as the bad weather forecast and subsequent heavy rainshowers made him decide to leave the Hornstein in its dry garage, and we all went in the Rado.

Even though far fewer folk from my mate's Corrado club turned up 9all because of the bad weather), they still managed to get the trophy for biggest club. We'd also toyed with the idea of slapping on my UK Rado-plates onto my mate's Rado in order to get the trophy for visitor from farthest away :lol:

Anyway, some piccies of German Rados:

What upset me and the others was that there were 16 trophies for Golfs, only 3 for Rados, and only 1 (in numbers: a lousy one) for Roccos :mad:

More piccies will follow :-)

Tempest

Edit: Pics thumbnailed ;) -dinkus

Forgot to mention that I managed to take back home a genuine VWoA set of black sturdy foot mats with the word "Corrado" embroidered into them in red :D

Some more piccies of the meet below.

More general piccies of the "Eislingen GTI Treffen" can be found here (just to get an impression of what's going on in the southern german VW scene, as this event marks the season's opening for the southern regions):

http://www.vwteam.com/cgi-bin/pic/thumb ... =84&page=1

Tempest

glad you enjoyed the weekend, despite the nightmare getting there!

Any pics of the mats?

Lippy

where did he get the bonnet bra from and how much?

Would need to ask him re: price, but he got it from the States (just like the Corrado floormats).

Any pics of the mats?

I'll have to take some piccies tonight, as they're already inside the Rado (where else? :lol:)

Tempest

They do like lowering them to bugger then fitting X-tra wide wheels, don't they? ......hmmmm, that sounds familiar :roll:

A piccie of the floormats (still shrink wrapped!), avaialable in 3 colours: Beige, grey and black. If there's interest in these mats, I could do another group buy, I suppose :lol: Price would be £62 plus postage.

Can also get hold of the Corrado car-bra for £105 plus postage.

Tempest

These carpets are about 5000 times better than the UK ones. It beats the hell out of me why we get cheap crap ones and the rest of the world gets these decent items.

Though if there is any kind of 'raised' section that takes the wear a bit for the pedals, its gonna be on the wrong side of the car ;)

Erm, yes, JimsG60's at least awake this morning unlike me (probably still due to copious quantities of Badenser Tannenzäpfle :lol:), as yes, the mats are not symmetrical, i.e. the driver side and passenger side mats are slightly different. Bl**dy typical not to think of that myself, due to driving a LHD, I suppose :lol:

None of the mats have a raised section in the pedal area though, and the driver side and passenger side mats can be swapped even on a RHD Rado.

Are these better quality than the ones you get from the UK dealers??

Don't know what the UK ones are like, but these are genuine VWoA (VW of America) items with an official VWoA part number printed on the cardboard bit of the packaging and even the mats themselves ! They are nice thickpile carpet material, "hard wearing nylon", as the US bumph calls it :lol: You even get fitting instructions ! :lol:

Tempest

Is there any further info on the Bra you mention?

Yup, still have to arrive from the States (original VWoA part :-) ), price in the region of £99 or thereabouts (not cheap, but they are original VW-parts!).

Tempest