Sign in to follow this  
Dixxy

BMC CDA Induction Kit Fitment

Just in the process of fitting an BMC CDA air filter as recommended by most forum members. Only problem is not really sure where to take the cold air from.

I have had one idea but i need some help. Under the air box just behind the headlight their is a some kind of cylinder object sat through a hole. it has two tubes feeding it from the top one clear the other black....

With this removed there is a perfect hole for a cold air intake...

My question(s) is this... what is this? can it be moved? can it be place on its side rather than verticle? what have others done with the BMC CDA?

That's the Carbon Canister - If you do a search you'll find detailed instructions how to remove\relocate this in order to make use of the hole. At the moment I'm just using a short piece of pipe running to the headlight which seems to work ok.

When I have some spare time I'm going to have a go relocating the CC, so let us know how you get on.

You can but it would better to move it under the wing. You just need to extend the hosing and secure the canister further back. You'll see what needs doing once the car is jacked up and the inner liner removed.

I'll look into putting it under the wheel arch. Functionally tho will it affect the CC if its on its side.

It will fit perfectly on its side under the BMC CDA. Has anyone configured it in this way?

It should do as it's just a sealed container full of charcoal.

I suspect VW mounted it the way they did because of it's size and lack of room in the engine bay.

I'll give it a bash then, cheers kev.

P.S. Kev you seem to be a man in the know... are angel eye head lights avalible for the raddo... if so are there any uk distributers?

Dixxy, yup, 16VG60 on this very forum has just done a limited group buy for these... he'll be running another one as soon as he can get some more stock... 8)