Sign in to follow this  
junkie

G60 IHI Turbo

No Jabbasport custom map on standard management all seems k.

Just getting upgrade to map properly above 6.8k to 7.6k.

^^^^^^

As he said.

Out of curiosity how many on here have this conversion?

I know Jabba have done more than the 2 on here myself and g60dave but not sure whether more c's or the goof's.

I'm still a long way before I would consider getting anything like this done. Theres still the bottom end, head, gearbox, intercooler and suspension to do.... and possibly larger brakes...

Not trying to persuade you mate lol just giving you some info as requested.

What you trying to achieve eventually sounds like its gonna be a big spec?

It will be when its done - it wont be any show car as I'm not into that - theres about another year and a half to two years I think before its all done. Should be brutal! And until I find out exactly what spec your current setup is I don't think its anything above yours.

any chance of a complete spec listing? I'd still be very interested on seeing some video of either of your cars with this conversion!! :)

^^^^^^

Have a Garrett T3 conversion on a G60 lump in my mk2 golf. Made 215bhp @12psi last time on the rollers.

What boost is yours running to make 309bhp??

^^^^^^

Have a Garrett T3 conversion on a G60 lump in my mk2 golf. Made 215bhp @12psi last time on the rollers.

What boost is yours running to make 309bhp??

Its at 22PSI so far but going to go for 30PSI in the future to see what it can do then. Should be proper fun then.

Am in the middle of a lot of mods on mine at the moment and will be running that boost when complete and am hoping for a nice bhp increase :lol: What injectors do you currently have in your car? also What additional changes are you going to make to run 30psi??

Well the rods need changing to forged as they can only take 1.5-6 bar then its bent rod through block time.

Currently 440cc injectors but not sure when it eventually goes to 2bar.

Well the rods need changing to forged as they can only take 1.5-6 bar then its bent rod through block time.

Currently 440cc injectors but not sure when it eventually goes to 2bar.

Yeh, Am fitting steel rods myself at the moment, Have forged pistons already so the bottom end should be up to it. Are your injectors under any strain as it is now??

I have 42lb injectors, not sure what the CC rating of them is but am a little concerned they wont be up to 1.5 bar spec.

Maybe wrong but as i remember 440cc are good for around 350bhp.

Sorry not sure either on yours.

What colour are they?

Maybe wrong but as i remember 440cc are good for around 350bhp.

Sorry not sure either on yours.

What colour are they?

They are green, but a different green to the standard G60 ones. They are suppossed to be the next one up from the red tops.

ive seen imprezas go 350-370hp on 380cc at 3bar static pressure around 90% duty probly the same for 440's at 80% duty

the LIME green ones are 440cc. they are standard kit in a m3 i believe.

Believe you have 440cc then mate as mine are green but as you say a different shade.

They will be well upto the job. All i can say is when its on the rollers you will find out then and if they are not big enough then you wont be ble to run as much boost.

If you have steel rods then already why dont you set it to run 2bar and see how it goes bhp wise. If you have electronic boost controller with 2 settings you dont have to run it like that prmanently???

Sounds interesting your engine mate.

Believe you have 440cc then mate as mine are green but as you say a different shade.

They will be well upto the job. All i can say is when its on the rollers you will find out then and if they are not big enough then you wont be ble to run as much boost.

If you have steel rods then already why dont you set it to run 2bar and see how it goes bhp wise. If you have electronic boost controller with 2 settings you dont have to run it like that prmanently???

Sounds interesting your engine mate.

Thats a relief, Fingers crossed they will be up to the job. WHen I had the car mapped at Emerald Dave Walker tested the injectors and I am pretty sure he mentioned a figure of around 290 bhp at 80%, thats what had me worried.

I have the head off my car at the moment to fit the rods, Am fitting a crossflow as soon as it comes back from the machine shop as well so will be interesting to see what 1.5 bar or more can produce with that set up. Have Emerald management and water injection to keep it all cool and also a 2 stage boost controller as you mentioned above so am itching to get it back together and over to be mapped.

Thats gonna be solid and powerful mate.

Using Greddy profec b spec controller on mine with water/methanol injection set to spray at 10psi and it works a treat with pro alloy intercooler.

Keep posted on what power it makes very interested.

What was the lag like on the T3?

Thats gonna be solid and powerful mate.

Using Greddy profec b spec controller on mine with water/methanol injection set to spray at 10psi and it works a treat with pro alloy intercooler.

Keep posted on what power it makes very interested.

What was the lag like on the T3?

Lag isnt bad at all. It used to make peak toraue at 5250 rpm. The last time it was on the rollers it was 215bhp and 245 lb ft and that torque was a 5250. I hope I havent ruined that with these mods as it pulled very hard from low down.

I think my boost controller is Blitz. Did you notice much difference with the water injection or was it already on before you turbo'd. I noticed mine was fairly hot with the turbo right under the inlet and the reason I got the water injection but never got round to fitting it before going crossflow.

Hope to be getting mapped by end of April so will have bhp figures for you then. Am really just waiting on rods to arrive and head to come back. All the other components are ready and waiting.

well in all honesty i cant remember where the power peaked at now but i shall be getting a new dynoplot back this wknd hopefully.

Water injection has made it a lot smoother due to obviously running a lot cooler.

Doubt it will be ruined with those mods even if you lose some low down power its gonna pull a lot harder and i mean alot when it does pull. Which i can say for sure will be a lot more enjoyeble.

End of the day i would rather have a drive that i can potter around in off boost then pull really hard and for long into the revs when i floor it, rather than something that pulls hard low down then runs out of steam if you know what i mean.

Just like the feel of seemingly endless pull and acceleration, even when doing 120 on my private test track then flooring it, it still pulls strong and pushes you into the seat quite noticeably.

By any chance have you had it up a 1/4 mile strip yet?? Would be interested to see what times it could manage.

Or been side by side with anything else on that test track of yours??

was going to ask the same question! has either of your cars had any gearbox work done or are you running std g60 ratios?

was going to ask the same question! has either of your cars had any gearbox work done or are you running std g60 ratios?

I had a 2.0 16v corrado box with Quaife Diff in it up until recently, Ratios were fairly short and it was fairly quick through gears.

I now have a Gemini short ratio 6 speed with Quaife diff :lol: 8) Havent had a chance to give it a proper hard run before taking it off the road but with the driving I did it felt nice.

By any chance have you had it up a 1/4 mile strip yet?? Would be interested to see what times it could manage.

Or been side by side with anything else on that test track of yours??

Not as yet up the 1/4 but hoping to make 1 of the santa pod days in april all depends on money as i go away wknd before the 1st and just come back on the other i think.

Bearing in mind i have a weight penalty of carrying a 12"sub and 2 huge amps plus loads of dynamat but its still should give respectable times.

Kills most imprezas only 1 has got me and that was stupidly quick must av been around 400bhp guessing.

They all try but they are proper gutted when they cant get in front.

Kept side by side with an evo fq-340.

Cossies easy, porsches dont try when i see them they just think i dont need to seen as though mine looks pretty standard.

Various others but cant really remember them all.

Not saying its the quickest car i know people have beter but for most stuff out there it can be quicker than, and keeps up with a lot of more exotic cars.