Sign in to follow this  
junkie

G60 IHI Turbo

was going to ask the same question! has either of your cars had any gearbox work done or are you running std g60 ratios?

I had a 2.0 16v corrado box with Quaife Diff in it up until recently, Ratios were fairly short and it was fairly quick through gears.

I now have a Gemini short ratio 6 speed with Quaife diff :lol: 8) Havent had a chance to give it a proper hard run before taking it off the road but with the driving I did it felt nice.

Nice whats the cost on those?

Thats the problem with mine still got crappy G60 box and diff.

Need longer gears to really get the most from it now and diff to help corner traction its so good now but could do with a little more.

becoming confusing with 2 leons posting on this thread ;)

what suspension setup have you got just now?

By any chance have you had it up a 1/4 mile strip yet?? Would be interested to see what times it could manage.

Or been side by side with anything else on that test track of yours??

Not as yet up the 1/4 but hoping to make 1 of the santa pod days in april all depends on money as i go away wknd before the 1st and just come back on the other i think.

Bearing in mind i have a weight penalty of carrying a 12"sub and 2 huge amps plus loads of dynamat but its still should give respectable times.

Kills most imprezas only 1 has got me and that was stupidly quick must av been around 400bhp guessing.

They all try but they are proper gutted when they cant get in front.

Kept side by side with an evo fq-340.

Cossies easy, porsches dont try when i see them they just think i dont need to seen as though mine looks pretty standard.

Various others but cant really remember them all.

Not saying its the quickest car i know people have beter but for most stuff out there it can be quicker than, and keeps up with a lot of more exotic cars.

Now thats what I am talking about!! :lol: Even with your extra weight of the sound system thats pretty impressive, even more so with a standard box and diff.

Cant put a price on my gearbox as I got it as part of a deal and swapped my original with diff as well. The diff will set you back about £600 I think, I know mine was about €900 before fitting which equates to about £600.

Trust me, if you can afford to get the diff at some stage go for it, you will never look back. I let a friend drive my car last year and he himself has a mk2 16v Turbo and also a mk1 G60, neither of which had diffs, he went out and got diff's for both after driving it as did his brother for his corrado!!!

@the other Leon :lol: :lol: Suspension wise, I have FK konigsport coilovers, polybushes all round, eibach anti roll bars, front and rear strut braces and A full 6 point Weichers sport roll cage.

@IHI G60, are you planning on going to Inters this year. Hoping to be there myself, like you I havent sprinted the car yet.

becoming confusing with 2 leons posting on this thread ;)

what suspension setup have you got just now?

lol yes i was just going to sat that.

Ur the gonna turbo right?

Its on FK Konigsport silverlines bout 50mm drop

Poly bushes everywhere

Nuespeed anti roll bars front and rear 25mm.

Yes was going to do the diff in a seat ibiza box but it went t**s up at the last minute.

Hoping to be at inters and def gonna sprint, just got to be better than last year.

Was hoping to sprint last year but had picked the car up the from Jabba the thursday night before inters with newly converted engine and didnt want to push it too much as it was kind of still in development.

Sounds like our cars are gonna be very similar generally all round.

rare i ever meet another Leon let alone on here!

i am considering it - but have a LOT of work to do first beforehand. The sooner I get the engine out and start work on it the better really. Just thinking of timescales and cash to do it. All this information is great though and certainly very interesting/encouraging.

Yes was going to do the diff in a seat ibiza box but it went t**s up at the last minute.

Hoping to be at inters and def gonna sprint, just got to be better than last year.

Was hoping to sprint last year but had picked the car up the from Jabba the thursday night before inters with newly converted engine and didnt want to push it too much as it was kind of still in development.

Sounds like our cars are gonna be very similar generally all round.

Sweet, if I make it this year, might get a run against you. :lol: Though knowing my past track record something will break just before it!! :lol: :lol: :cry:

rare i ever meet another Leon let alone on here!

i am considering it - but have a LOT of work to do first beforehand. The sooner I get the engine out and start work on it the better really. Just thinking of timescales and cash to do it. All this information is great though and certainly very interesting/encouraging.

The things we never have enough of!

Sweet, if I make it this year, might get a run against you. :lol: Though knowing my past track record something will break just before it!! :lol: :lol: :cry:

Hopefully mate?

Not sure what i want from it really, i know its never gonna do the 1/4 record just want respectable times.

If it did the 13's is that respectable and iv never done it before.

sure there was some discussion on this recently - but how much can your cv joints/driveshafts handle? Especially under that load you both are putting them through

Hopefully mate?

Not sure what i want from it really, i know its never gonna do the 1/4 record just want respectable times.

If it did the 13's is that respectable and iv never done it before.

Yep, I do believe 13's is a very respectable time. Would love to crack into the 13's myself.

@_leon_ we are a rare enough breed alright :lol: :lol: .

All depends on what you want from your engine really. You can get nice power figures with the supercharger on a G60 engine, but you have to spend $$'s to get it too.

Well dont know but but they not been replaced yet and both still standard and not broke yet. And i cant help it but i drive hard most places.

Suspect they will wear quicker tho but thats what happens you improve something and it affects something else quicker.

1 at a time leons really cant keep up now, its k for you 2 but its confusing the hell out of me..... :roll:

PhatVR6 was briefly talking about this sometime back on a thread I was posting on - 'Who rebuilds driveshafts?'. I have the usual list of work I want to get through - just trying to determine the most cost affective (yet pleasing) route to go through them - i.e. i don't want to have to repeat work in the same area. Did you need custom pipework for the intercoolers (assuming you have full length ones) post the conversion? believe these 2 cars are somewhat tuned beyond g60daves

1 at a time leons really cant keep up now, its k for you 2 but its confusing the hell out of me..... :roll:

I'm amused by it though!

Well the Jabba intercooler was designed on my car at pro alloy and its been designed to run with all force applications.

Albeit a new piece was needed to extend to the turbo for the turbo inlet.

g60dave blew 2 g-laders so converted ti IHI but he is going to be progressing as far as i know with the tuning.

Cost effective wise build the engine to be strong, then as far as drive shafts go etc just do something about them when they let go.

g60dave blew 2 g-laders so converted ti IHI but he is going to be progressing as far as i know with the tuning.

Right you are!

Just got a big valve head, and when my funds replenish, I'm gonna have one of Jabbas intercoolers!

Then after the summer, i'm looking at the bottom end for some 1.9 loving!

But by then, you'll probably have achieved warp 9!!

It was done by Jabba, gas flowed etc, gotta flowed manifold to match too.

It really makes a difference, It used to run about 14psi, i'm running more power now on only 10! 8)

It was done by Jabba, gas flowed etc, gotta flowed manifold to match too.

It really makes a difference, It used to run about 14psi, i'm running more power now on only 10! 8)

Getting better matey.

Already at warp 10 lol :lol:

back from the dead... Simon did you get your gauges sorted after raising the rev limit?