Sign in to follow this  
junkie

G60 IHI Turbo

Im still runnin a standard diff, and my VR is pants, wet or dry! Okay it grips in the dry, but there is no way I can get the full power down in all the gears.

I really don't get this kind of trouble, Toyo Proxes tyres made a load of difference for me. OK so first gear is a waste of time but 2nd goes down really well in the dry. Standard box, no diff.

back from the dead... Simon did you get your gauges sorted after raising the rev limit?

Well believe it or not after all my troubles its still only at 6750rpm, with how its mapped i need to ideally be changing up around 6500rpm as the boost is tailing off and torque is dropping off, but its holding 300bhp from 4000-4500rpm to the redline off the top of my head.

So if its the 8k 16v gauges you are talking about then no in the end its still the original stuff in there. Still need to sort a couple small issues really and alter settings change parts to make it worthwhile raising the limit further. Individual coils not the single coilpack with wasted spark prob a change of cam and set vernier differently and the old favourite more booooooooooost :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really don't get this kind of trouble, Toyo Proxes tyres made a load of difference for me. OK so first gear is a waste of time but 2nd goes down really well in the dry. Standard box, no diff.

That's because you have a 180Kg (+ turbo and intercooling equipment etc) engine over the front wheels. And you're still running the standard, leggy gearing.