Sign in to follow this  
Trev F

Looking For A vr6 NEWBIE!!!

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and joined up to see if you guys could lend a helping hand to someone who is interested in buying a vr6 corrado. I know very little about them and would like to know the best colours and combinations to look out for. I have a limited budget of between3k and 4k( so might not be able to be too choosy) and would like to know what I might pick up for this price. There is a white 128k mile on the trader for £2650 with service history upto 108k.Could someone have a look at the details and give me the benefit of there experience or is white a real no no????

As I said before I am completey new to this forum so please excuse me asking a few simple questions and thanks for any response.

most def do it mate. had mine a year and i still love it. put it this way i can remember the exact day i bought it, but i have to be reminded when its the girlfriends bday, £3-£4000 should get ya a good one, look in the cars for sale section. personally dont like them in white though :D

Thanks for that I am in the process of printing a copy off to have a good read at leisure.

The reason I want a vr6 is partly because of the performance/residual value. I was watching Topgear the other day and they previewed the vr6 as a car that is an up and comming classic and should therefore hold its price well. This may or may not be true but I looked at one today and must say it really did look timeless the sound from the stainless exhaust was very pleasing too.I know that other corrados look the same but I have always fancied the vr6 version. Nobody upto yet has said that white is the wrong colour. The car i'm looking at on the trader is London and as I live in Brum it's a bloody long commute!!! Any advice on this car yet???

White C's seem to be more difficult to sell- they tend to hang around for a bit and are often a bit cheaper. Same with autos.

By the way, my black VR6 will be up for sale in a couple of weeks for around £3K...

I'm not in any real panic to buy so a couple of weeks is fine by me could you let me have the spec?? or tell me where I can find it on this site. By the way just spoke to the guy who is advertising the blue vr6 k plate at £3250.00. Turns out the car was bought from the autotrader 2 weeks back at £1950.00 is there any chance that I can make this sort of profit on these cars as my day job sucks!!!!

It's easy to make a few K on Corrados. They're drastically overpriced on the most part, and the sellers who aren't paying attention often don't take advantage of that...

Thank you for the information. I did offer the seller the opportunity to sell the car on at £2400.00 which I would term a fair profit on a 10 day period but each to there own I guess.

Heh, why should he sell to you at a minor profit when he knows he'll get market value in another ten days off the autotrader?

Just cos some people are clueless when they sell their cars doesn't make the traders evil.

I picked my VR6 up for 2700 - K reg with 118k Spent another 3k on her already though :( With big plans and even bigger wallet draining ahead

Trev F, have you got email or can you change your profile so I can PM you details?

Cheers

Andy

Trev F, you are indeed a computer idiot! :wink: (rather like myself!). Mate, still no PM option or email addy :?: