Sign in to follow this  
simmyboy

exhaust manifold cracked and previously welded

My manifold developed a leak and on investigation I noticed it is carcked and has been welded before. :( As the back box baffles are goosed aswell I think it is time for a performance upgrade.

The car is a 1993 2.0 16v and thought it would be quite easy to source a nice 4 branch manifold and stainless system for it but I am really stuggling to find a supplier for the manifold. :roll:

Can any of you guys out there offer up any advice on where to source a performance manifold for the 2.0 16v and also any advice on sytems would be great I dont want anything that is too noisy or chav.

it doesn't need to be a 2.0l manifold - the ones from the 1.8 16v will do the job and are hugely more abundant. Only down side is you lose the little tube to test emissions before the CAT

Fairly sure mine went as a result of the previous owner not getting the front engine mounting changed when it was properly knackered!

EDIT - can't help on the performance side of things though and just realised that was the main point of your post - sorry :oops:

Hi mate,

Where about are you in Scotland? its a big place!

I would recomend magnex 4-1 or supersprint 4-2-1 for the 16v, the 4-1 if you want top end power, the 4-2-1 if you want more friendly torque delivery. I had the magnex on my old golf, it sounded awesome and pulled like a train over 4.5k, and i have the 4-2-1 on my g60.

This thread also discusses your other option of miltk downpipe and ported stock manifold, its Leon that was asking for his g60, but it will still be useful to u i'm sure! http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23360

HTH

Thanks Yalan didnt realise the 1.8 16v manifold fitted does that mean the manifold that supersrint make for the g60 also fits???

Hi Andy

Not far from yourself actually just along the M8 in Glasgow. Thanks for the thread link will check it out.