Sign in to follow this  
mcrisp

Whats it worth???

Hello sirs, think this is the right place for this one...

After much thinking on something a bit different with a sensible price and a decent build quality, vw is the obvious answer, perhaps a corrado.

A blokes offered me a '92 2.0 16v with full VAG history and only 70k on it, as u can imagine in very good condition. But whats it worth? He is adamant on no less than 3 grand, but i'm not seeing any of these go for that much, and i've been watching for a while. Even good vr6's don't seem to go for much more than 4k. The g60's are even less, but I guess this is because of the supercharger reliability issue?

So is it worth 3k? And if so, how much will i lose if I go and put 20 or 30k miles on it in the next 2-3years? Been stung with shit cars in my younger days, very keen to get this right...

Cheers

mcrisp, welcome to the forum!

3k if its very good i'd say...

The thing is that cars approaching 80k will need alot of things changing soon, the sort of things that only need doing at that mileage or age so it's a good time to sell, just bear in mind that if your an enthusiast and you want to keep the car for a while you will want to get things like the standard suspension renewed so also budget for this kind of stuff...

Even good vr6's don't seem to go for much more than 4k. The g60's are even less, but I guess this is because of the supercharger reliability issue?

Cheers

most good VR6's go for a lot more than £4k.........although you can sometimes get lucky and get a good high-miler for that sort of money......anyway if the car is mint then £2-£3k sounds pretty close

theres a lovely silver one in the for sale section...cheaper and has been WELL looked after..maybe thats worth a look?

Cheers mate (I assume its mine you were on about). I think he's a bit far away to come and check it out though.

Aberdeen is a little far....

But cheers this all helps, and err, see what you mean about the vr6's, found one going for 6.5k today... :?