Sign in to follow this  
keizerschoze2002

Looking for my 1st Corrado, which one do I go for?

get urself a raddo....and get over there mate. Those Speedferries are well cheap....i went over for £25 last time!.

its worth ringing around with regards to insurance quotes cos as AndyVR6, said sometimes different companies group cars differently. It sometimes makes a difference if you have a CAT1 alarm fitted but it can also make no difference at all!. Insurance is a funny old thing...theres no pattern to it. Best to try as many as you can...same with the raddos!.

Im with flippin' Norwich Union at the mo, havent yet rung them to see how much they will sting me for 2.0 16v. Think it will be about the 800 mark, which is do-able. Paid £1770 to insure my IS200 few years back when some doddering old fool drove into me, must remember to send him a christmas card this year......

I'm sure many of us know most of these already, but insurance wise...

If you're thinking TPFT (Third party fire and theft) try a fully comp quote, you'd be surprised how often the quote comes out cheaper - this has happened to me personally twice, and it surprised even the agent.

Obviously ring as many as posiible, but keep a listen for sound guys working at good brokers: They are salesman, they do have ways of playing with their figures, according to their performance, time of the month or year, state of the company etc. Also impart as much information as possible along the lines of "my names not kevin" or "i'm a VW enthusiast not a boy racer" it all helps.

Advanced driving test?

Alarms and immobilisers: for those companies that do require them, sometimes the cat 1 certificate must be produced - its not enough just to tell them its on there.

Discounts for: lower mileages, non smokers, non drinkers...

Know how brokers work: Very often their system just searches many different companies for the best terms or quote. Some of these companies you can't directly deal with, they are at lloyds etc etc I don't know the financial world, but ask who the policy will be underwritten by - sometimes it will be someone you can deal with direct - for less.

Are there any members who work in the insurance industry that might shed some more light on the details?