Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

Hot smell coming out of G60

Not sure whats up here - my C smells like its overheating when i'm in traffic with windows down this week, guage reads 110ish when in traffic and 80 on the motorway.The warning light flashes when in traffic sometimes. It hasn't lost any coolant, can't find any leaks either. Just stinks 'hot' after driving for 10 mins or so. Waterpump ?

110 water temp?

Dont really wanna get it hotter than that might be overheating like you say, not really any good with tech but do think thats too warm defo.

Take it the rad fan is cutting in if not got nearly new one to sell if you need.

If you read the handbook it says the needle can be anywhere on the gauge as long as the warning light is out. Providing the expansion tank is full and the fan cuts in and out don't worry.

Gavin

Cheers, weird that the tank is full and the warning light keeps coming on though? It sometimes flashes a minute or so after i've started it aswell, faulty sensor maybe? And its never smelt like this before, maybe something else?

How long have you had your motor? Maybe its the first time it has got this hot? It still sounds normal to me, with perhaps a bad level sensor??

Gavin

I'm fairly sure your radiator thermoswitch is knackered - mine did the same, only cut in at 110, buy a new one at Inters...

Also - are yo sure it's the low water level light flashing, not the oil pressure - worth checking...

Mmmmm, will look at that again but pretty sure it was the temp. Is the thermoswitch an easy fix ??

Thanks guys ...