Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Stealth Shelf

Does anyone have a shelf from Letsbuycaraudio.com?

I am looking to get a shelf but want to keep the speakers hidden. does anyone know of a company that makes the shelves that you can put speakers under, and from the top they look inocent?

I have a shelf that my other half made for me. He put the sub in the shelf then covered it with black acoustic cloth. Just looks like a black parcel shelf....... :D

Cool. cheers. Might get down homebase for a sheet of MDF.
Nice one - I made mine from 2 sheets of 18mm MDF. I cut one piece to shape & cut oval holes in it for the speakers. I cut the other sheet to width & mounted the speakers into it. Then I glued both sheets together & covered the whole lot with acoustic cloth.

Looks just like the original VW shelf from outside the car.

I also had some spare MDF left, so I made a new boot floor & covered that too .. :lol:

I also had some spare MDF left,

you could have done my kitchen while you were at it :wink:

seems im not the only one then!

Or alternatively, Auto Acoustics will deliver one to your door for about 115 quid IIRC. It's indistinguishable from the OE parcel shelf, well apart from weight!

Or alternatively, Auto Acoustics will deliver one to your door for about 115 quid IIRC.

:shocked!:

Well worth the expenditure, and they'll cut the holes for whatever speaker size you like in the price. Remember a chunk of that 115 is postage, those shelves weigh loads. Or you can go to West Byfleet to pick it up from their shop.

i want to get some cream leather for mine when i do my boot install hopefully start next week....where can you find some leather for covering my stealth shelf

Or alternatively, Auto Acoustics will deliver one to your door for about 115 quid IIRC. It's indistinguishable from the OE parcel shelf, well apart from weight!

and if you use discount code golfgti you get 10% off!

Make your own bout £20 from B&Q and 1 hour labour accoustic cloth £3 ebay!!! Bargain as good as the original!!! :D

Plus as stevemac stated free boot floor!!! LOL