Sign in to follow this  
turbomagikz

vr6 camshaft sensor power loss?

:D ok my 95 vr6 has been runnin mint ! but just latley it seems to have lost that "pull yah b011ikxz off feeling ? :shock: (is it just me gettin used 2 it ). :oops: :(

so im replacing the camshaft sensor ? is this a hard job ? would old sparkplug leads affect car ? .....HELP

cheers mark :D

am having same problem at the moment

somebody pointed out to me that the camshaft sensors are one of the biggest culprits when there is a loss of power, dont know how difficullt they are to fix though

cheerz "surfer.vr6" ive heard its a common fault . my motor runs as sweet as a NUT ! but im posative it had more "GIDDDUP YA K*%T !" feelin ? when i first drove it ???

Hav'nt fitted new wheels have you, wierd question i know. I had the same thing, but had just fitted 17s. Wheel weights flew off on my way back from the inters so i put the old speedlines back on the front today for the run to work. holy smoke did it feel quicker again! I think its the slight over size rolling radius, plus the extra wheel weight for inertia.

Still feel like getting my cam sensor/s checked though. Allways nice to plug her in and see if anything comes up. Nobody round my way with vag com though, boo hoo.

It's only on later VR6 engines with a coil pack.

Nearside top side cover of the camshaft cover. You may need to take more of the surrounding top engine cover panels off. A star key drive needed to take out the bolts or improvise. To physically get it out, the coil pack needs to be out of the way, allen key head bolts hold the pack in. 3 wire connector.

Who ever is changing it. The limp home mode (retarded ignition timing) and lower rev limiter setting will not clear until the fault code 00515 is cleared out of the engine ECU.

just ordered one from my local stealers, but they say its not called a camshaft sensor on there system, but its called an impulse sender, is that right?? or have they got the wrong item?? :?

I think that's right. Just make sure it's the £30 impulse sender they get you, not the £140 one...

just changed mine, been out for a blast and the car now drives better than ever, i think it was well past its sell by date?? :D

just changed mine, been out for a blast and the car now drives better than ever, i think it was well past its sell by date?? :D