Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

rs4 front bumper

does an rs4 bumper look any good without side skirts and an aftermarket rear bumper? im getting the c resprayed once ive made some firm plans for mods. i was just going to go for a std late style front bumper but im being drawn to an rs4 again i used to really like them but then i saw a few that looked a bit chavvy any pics you lot have on yer puters would be nice, the look im going for is oem+ ive got 16" bbs rx's ho hum descisions descisions! by the way im planning a fmic in the summer so the rs4 bumper wouldnt be empty! :D

I think you need the sideskirts to match the RS4 bu,per, or the car looks odd from side on. From what I've seen on some Corrados, you can get away without doing the rear.

Personally i would fit side skirts just to continue the depth all the way around. I have seen corrados with rs bumpers, skirts and standard rear bumbers and they look good. Having said that i don't think Henny has side skirts (correct me if i'm wrong??) and his looks good.....

How is the late bumper different from the early one?

When i had my RS intercooler conversion i had a RS 4 bumper smoothed the grills on the sides but could not have sideskirts as i would have beached the car at every speed hump. I will find a photo tonight

Have a look in J-Dub's gallery (link below)... She had the first Reiger ABS plastic RS4 bumper in the UK and didn't have any side skirts... The bumper is now fitted (properly and painted too!) to Blue_Joe's car and looks spot on... 8)

Photos before my near miss on the Upton Bypass with a renualt Kangooooooo wh9ich wreaked one of my alloys and the bumper.

bloody hell! did u actually manage to get anywhere with it that low...thats v. nice though.

I can imagine that even squashed road kill could prove a problem with that front bumper.

it was fun, now having it rebuilt with an RS2 bumper which seems to have a little more clearance for the ants to get under.