Sign in to follow this  
wcrado

uprated injectors for a kr??

hey, i'm the guy who wants more from his 1.8 16v. i'm pretty sure my injectors have had it. does anyone know where or even if i can get uprated injectors for the k-jet system? and is it worth while? just wondering before i spend £140ish on new standard ones from lucas

not sure id call them uprated, but better than standard are some merc190 items, theyre brass and have better spray patterns

search on clubgti.com forums....there was a thread about it a while ago

What you want is triple nozzle porsche 944 injectors......they're made by Bosch also and have the same injector body size as the K Jet ones, so it's plug and play. They have a much better spray pattern than the VW spec injectors....and flow more, being as the Porker lump is 2.5.

But why? What have you done to the 1800 KR to need extra fuelling?

Standard k-jet is good for upto 200bhp so cant see the need for bigger injectors.When stealth dynod my car they did the wur mod which basically involves richening the mixture across the whole rev range,and they also set co level to 2%

What you want is triple nozzle porsche 944 injectors......they're made by Bosch also and have the same injector body size as the K Jet ones, so it's plug and play. They have a much better spray pattern than the VW spec injectors....and flow more, being as the Porker lump is 2.5.

But why? What have you done to the 1800 KR to need extra fuelling?

nothing especially, not to require extra fuelling anyway. but my point was if i was gonna shell out for new injectors i mite as well make sure i can't get uprated ones for the same price first. didn't know if uprated ones would give me better response etc