Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Washing the car

Anyone ever washed their car in the rain? Now, before I get hunted down and beaten within an inch of my life with a big stick, I don't mean.... oh look it's raining outside! I think I'll wash my car now! I mean have you ever got one side done and then it starts pi$$ing it down and thought, "well I've started it now", got a jacket on and went out in the rain to finish it! Or do I really need to get out more?

Nope.. used to do the same.

Even used to do it even if it was gonna rain in the winter to get all the salt and crap off the wheels and the paint.

Nowt wrong with actually caring for your car! :)

Glad to hear I'm not alone. It's gotta be done in the winter especially if the car is salty. :shock:

Normally,I wash it plenty during the summer,wax it at least once a month and use something like Turtle wax's topgloss every other weekend.Gives it some healty protection during the winter,when it usually gets hosed over with clean water and a sponge.

Should see the looks I get standing in my Anorak with my hose in hand(fnar fnar!)in the pi%%ing rain hosing down my car........ :lol:

That Demon Wax in Halfords is supposed to be tops for a quick after wash session...... pour it on and chamosis it off

But yeah I have washed the car in rain many times *:)

That Demon Wax in Halfords is supposed to be tops for a quick after wash session...... pour it on and chamosis it off

But yeah I have washed the car in rain many times *:)

remember to mix it in a bucket of water first tho :wink:

it does seem to work a bit too........its also meant to bead off if you take the car for a spin straight away

and like everyone else here..................yip i've seen me at a deserted jetwash in the pouring rain giving my C a nice rinse.......in fact i hand wash my alloys almost every evening......rain or shine......... :lol: but shhhh keep it quiet :oops:

I have die car wash you can do it in your garage or outside it don't matter. uses no water and everything beeds off. just like washing and waxing but doesn't take as long. I use it all the time and love it. my scirocco came up awesome.

What you take yor cars out in the RAIN :shock:

and like everyone else here..................yip i've seen me at a deserted jetwash in the pouring rain giving my C a nice rinse.......in fact i hand wash my alloys almost every evening......rain or shine......... :lol: but shhhh keep it quiet :oops:

Rodders, you are on first name terms with the ladies of that garage.

They even have a resevered sign just for you :lol:

Rodders, you are on first name terms with the ladies of that garage.

They even have a resevered sign just for you :lol:

no much wonder......most of my wages goes into that garage

Fixed your quote for you skid.. twas a bit broken :)

What kinda regularity do you guys wash your car? Both the Corrado and Saxo have so far been treated to pretty much weekly washes.. the Corrado religiously though I have almost started to slack off on the Saxo, but my determination to keep it in good nick means I try to wash it every weekend.

So once a week for me... anyone else?

What kinda regularity do you guys wash your car?

So once a week for me... anyone else?

once a week jim!!...........try every 2nd day for me

Once a week during winter as find it gets filthy after a day anyway - but in summer at least once ... prob twice to keep it looking shiny followed by a good wax every 4-6 weeks....

Also wash door shuts, wheel arches and petrol tank every week..........

Ahhhh....

a perfectionist! :D :thumb right:

I try to wash at least once a week and polish/wax twice a month if not more. What pi$$£$ me off is when you spend the day doing your car and about 20 people that go by slow down and say.... "you missed a bit"!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I use Triplewax(cheap-£2.99 form woolies for a 500ml bottle!)or Simoniz Maxwax.

Usually go over that with Turtlewax Top gloss-ace stuff. :D

Got a smple packet of Megiaurs gold-didn't think much of it to be quite honest.

Jim - not a wax, but Mer polish is really good stuff and sooo versatile. You can use it on glass/chrome, you can use it as a straight polish or add it to the wash water and then buff it off after washing the car.

Top stuff in other words.

Loadsa blokes on CGTI recommend Zymol as well.

What wax do you guys use / reccomend?

I have used them all and the best wax's I have come across in order of preference are:

Meguiars Gold Class Wax (the daddies!!!)

Zymol Car Wax

Autogylm Gold

Meguairs is fantastic stuff *:)

Scott wrote:

Ahhhh....

a perfectionist!

Too right :lol: :lol:

Ah but remember to take the wheels off to clean them as well. :D

I spend so long cleaning my car that the neighbours are starting to call me monica(friends) :shock:

Used to swear on Autoglym, but have just ordered some swissol, so it looks like the neighbours will have some entertainment when i get to polish the car when it comes.

I should buy shares in the water company as i spend a day cleaning the bike aswell :lol: