Sign in to follow this  
ww-promo

16v induction kit??

Hello all!

Just bought my 2nd 1.8 16v as my 1st got squashed (whilest parked outside my house) by some pratt driving a 4 tone transporter :2gunfire:

didn't even get round to do any engine mods.

Anyway, was wanting to know if there are any induction kits I can get to fit my valver??!

Cheers, Oli.

Stroeve (sp?) do one, but to be honest, it's not really worth it on a valver...

Drop in a K&N panel filter, and if you want more induction noise, drill some large holes in the lower part of the airbox and remove the snorkle from the front of it... 8)

Welcome to the site.. Drill the Airbox mate.. induction kits arent that popular..

Welcome to the forum... as already said this is one of those subjects that comes up time and time again! The general feeling is that the best thing to do is remove either the snorkel or drill the wing side of the air box and put a pannel filter in alternatively Big Boys Toys do a filter that replaces the lower part of the air box IIRC... what ever you do make sure you put in a cold air feed as there is no point doing it if it's only going to suck in warm air from the engine bay!

Here's the most recent thread on better breathing for the valvers if that helps 8)

Phil

Ive got a piperx induction kit for my 1.8 16v which replaces the whole lower half of the airbox,its up forsale aswell!

Im cuurently having a prototype alloy airbox made with silicone piping to route a cone filter under the wheel arch! keep your eyes peeled as il post a topic when its made