Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Arch clearance issues

WTF is that huge lump in the driver side rear arch for? my rear tyre is hitting it a lot, and I haven't even got it down to the ride I height I want yet, or even got the wider wheels on!

I'm reluctant to whack it with a hammer in case I disturb the outer arch at all.

has anyone esle got this problem? anyone solved it yet? anyone even know what's behind it for that matter?!?!

currently running 205/40/17 toyo r888's on 7.5x17 ET35 TT rims.

Ah just whack it with a hammer.

It's the only I can think of to find out what it is.

driver side only?

Central locking pump or filler neck are the only 2 things I can think of that are on that side only... :?

WTF is that huge lump in the driver side rear arch for? my rear tyre is hitting it a lot, and I haven't even got it down to the ride I height I want yet, or even got the wider wheels on!

I'm reluctant to whack it with a hammer in case I disturb the outer arch at all.

has anyone esle got this problem? anyone solved it yet? anyone even know what's behind it for that matter?!?!

currently running 205/40/17 toyo r888's on 7.5x17 ET35 TT rims.

don't know what your on about. got a pic? Just remembered, spoke to R4BBY on E38 at GTi Spring Festival. He knows jay who used to own the ex-pvs green corrado. Said the wheel on that rubbed but they couldn't find a reason, maybe worth speaking to Jason.

I now have the aforementioned green rado and it does rub at the drivers side at the rear but only over really sharp bumps. Maybe have to take of my wheel and have an investigate!!!

I'll take a pic today.

it's not he filler neck ,that's further back and clearly visible (I should know as I've changed all that).

might be something to do with the central locking solenoid thoiugh.

I'll see if I can see anything from inside.

I think I know the hump you mean.... I think it was a legacy of the old pre cat Corrados, something to do with a tank breather system most likely....instead of being routed to a CC like they are currently.

Pretty sure the arch is 5mm further out on that side to compensate though?