Sign in to follow this  
HiAsAKite

Sunroof slides instead of tilting shut

Before anyone says this has been done to death..I've searched through every topic I could find under sunroof AND problem or sunroof AND broken to no joy.....

Problem is this..

it slides ok

it tilts up ok

but when trying to tilt down.. it slides back instead of tilting until jamming against the rear sunroof opening...

I managed to shut it by holding it with my hands in the forward position until it had tilted back to stop it sliding....

I'm guessing something locks to stop it sliding back whilst its open, and this is no longer 'functional'...

Closest thread I could find is this one:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... of+problem

But it doesn't actually explain what the original problem was..

Has anyone had this before/can help?

Thanks all,

:(

When the roof is next up, pull the panel liner off and slide it into the roof cavity.

Now, pulse the switch to lower it gradually again and look at what's going on with the water plate guides (intricate steel millings) as the roof tries to drop down.

What SHOULD happen is the pin inside each water plate guide follows it's route, dropping the roof in the process, and then start the sliding process.

From what you've described, it sounds like the water plate guides are moving back instead of dropping.....could be that one of the pins is jammed in it's channel?