Sign in to follow this  
ww-promo

Fitting Koni Suspension??

Hello peeps!!!

I have recently bought some koni adjustable suspension with ebach springs and was thinking of fitting this myself..... :roll: was just wondering if this was a fairly straight forward job or am I better off taking it too some one who knows there stuff?? would appreciate any comments!!

cheers.

dont forget to renew your top mounts and bumps stops! as for doing it yourself, depends on your mechanical skill, i was doubtful i could do it but after seeing it done and assisting to a certain extent i'd be reasonably confident to do it now, I'd class myself as having a fairly low mechanical skill level.

I would say my mechanical skill is pritty low but do want the job doing proper! Is just a stinger when most garages are quoting me around the 100 mark!! Is this about the norm?

My dad has just fitted some suspen. to his old tvr and got me thinking, I could have a go....The fittings on his looked very basic though!

I paid £215 for the suspen. second hand and is in good as new cond. apart from a few minor scratches here and there...well chuffed! :D

£100 works out at a couple of hours labour which is probably about right for a garage. Dont think the fixings are 'that' complex, from what I remember you undo the undo two bolts at the bottom, one at the top and the strut drops out! you'll probably need spring compressors too unless the new struts are aready assembled? I'll not even try and give you a 'how to' on doing it since I'm probably not the best qualified to do so, but i'm sure someone will!

£100 is bloody good to be honest, it should only take 2-3 hours but as always, with the age of these cars, could take much longer...