Sign in to follow this  
M

Wind in my speakers

Hello All,

I have a P reg midnight blue Corrado which I love driving. However, I need to find a suitable replacement for what I think is the original Sony black cd stereo. (No doubt, I have already made a few boobs, so please feel free to set me straight). Stereo's I have seen in Halfords etc are all rather plastic, fluorescent fantastic and I'd rather not, lol. Has anybody any ideas?

I also need to get the sunroof fixed as it did tend to stick and now my brother has fiddled with it, doesnt slide at all. Does anybody have any idea as to how much this might cost? I just need a rough estimate. the motor works, as does the switch.

Does anybody know of a Corrado spare parts place in Europe? I was approached by a very nice gentleman in Susex one day who gave me the address of a Corrado fan who collects all sorts of parts; unfortunately, I lost it.

I would also like to know whether other owners of these cars have fellow motorists zooming up behind them flapping their hands about in what I think is an attempt to raise and lower the spoiler whilst in motion? Dont they know this cant be done? lol (Dont tell me I am wrong there also!lol)

Thanks for any attempts to answer these issues.

Em

Ok.. welcome to the forum :)

Firstly - if you want to get a pretty close match to the Corrado head unit, take a look on eBay - standard black Sony CD players come up on there all the time and you should be able to find one for not too much money!

Secondly.. go to the search and look for "sunroof AND repair" - you'll find tonnes of information. It could be any number of things but they are all mosty awkward, and potentially expensive.. a broken sunroof is a VERY common Corrado problem sadly!

Thirdly.. spare parts. Depends on the kind of parts you're after. Mechanical then GPC or EuroCarParts are quite good. If you're after trim and badging, etc then worth phoning GPC VW/Audi (http://www.gpcvwaudi.com) as they stock lots of hard to find Corrado bits and pieces. Don't discount your local VW dealership either.. prices aren't always excellent, but they often surprise you!

Lastly.. the spoiler.. well, once it extends at 56MPH its locked in that position till you drop back down below that speed. But from 0-56MPH you can manually extend and retract the spoiler using the little switch on the dashboard. Great for impressing the chavs in the Nova behind you ;) :)

How about one of these for a head unit? Have heard some good things about them now, and not too badly priced. Don't think they've excessively neon either :)

Ebay is OK for parts too, just be prepared for a bit of blind competition. Best bet like Jim said was GPC, or ECP. Failing that, keep an eye on the "parts for sale" section - good turnover in there.

Welcome to the forum btw :D

edit - yer set to "on holiday" too, which i think has an effect on sending private messages...

Yeah.. turn off 'Holiday' in your profile options.. you won't be able to recieve private messages unless you turn that option off!

Wow. You two were fast in responding! I am blonde; cant find the buttons to swtich 'holiday off in the profile section. How to do this?

Go to the toolbar at the top of the forum, and one of them says Profile. Then of the 6 options given, chose Profile Information. If you scroll down about half way there is an option to choose whether you are Absent or not, and if so, what way you are absent. Just choose 'No' to the absent thing and then click Submit down the bottom :)

I have nothing better to do with my day, so I sit on the forum all day praying for 6pm to roll around :D Got this suspicion that Jim's reasoning is pretty similar!

Some were left around in dealer lots and managed to get sneakily registered as P reg's.. certainly aint many of them around though :)

Hello and welcome. This is deffo the place to be for getting answers 'n stuff.

1) I think something is a little bit different with your profile as I can't find the 'holiday' setting either.

2) Hint for new users: if you want a fast response, change your profile to 'female'.

2) Hint for new users: if you want a fast response, change your profile to 'female'.

:lol: guilty as charged. :roll:

Hey! I know defending myself makes me look MORE guilty, but if you look around the time of my post yesterday, you'll see I was on a major posting mission. That and the questions weren't toooo technical - I can answer the non techie stuff!! :)

Lol! You lot make me laugh! I had another bash at changing the holiday setting and yet again, I am stumped. I have asked for further help on that issue from the 'Contact' section.

The car was made in '92, it's a G60, 1781cc and has very pretty alloys thanks to it's previous owner. :multi: (I like that smilie!)

P Reg G60? Midnight Blue? ummmm.... they stopped making the G60 in 1992, so the latest it could possibly be registered is a J reg? Thats a liiiiitttllle worrying!