Sign in to follow this  
lightfoot1974

replacing coilovers with shocks

Hi guys,

hope you can help, after much advice I have decided that my blown coilovers are to be replaced with koni shocks and H+R springs.

As I have coilovers on there at the moment and not standard shocks and springs are there any other parts I need to be ordering to convert back to the shocks and springs set up?

no mate , you should be fine , might be worth dropping some fresh top mounts in while your doing the swop tho

bounces like a fat bird on a pogo stick

:lol:

If they are decent ones they can be resealed and reconditioned. How old are they?

Thats the thing, I bought the car with them on and cant find any paperwork for them.

Would i have to send them to the original manufacturer or are there independant people who do this?

Depending on cost this would be preferable to me then putting shocks on and springs on.

Racershardware in Peterborough rebuild shocks. I had my AVOs done by them a couple of times before I saw the light and chucked them in the bin........and fitted 'ordinary' suspension.

Gavin

Not Racershardwares fault. But not very long at all. I am a coilover hater personally. AVO may have improved their quality since the mid 90s but I'd never buy them again on principle.

I certainly wouldn't spend £500 on them.

My advice is buy the H&Rs and Konis and stick the coilovers on ebay.

I know someone will be along to shoot me down but IMO coilovers are just not right for road use. A years worth of road muck really doesn't do them any good at all.

Gavin