Sign in to follow this  
B4LJX

water leak

got my interior out of the car putting dyamat in, and the front passenger foot well and jus behind where the seat would be is wet! little puddle of water the door seals are perfect cant see the water coming in from there, wheres it comming from?? from under the dash somewhere, anyone know- my dash will be out in about a week so i could have a better look

thanks

bal

has it had a new windscreen in it's life at all...... they are a real b**ch to get right and if not done properly then......

nah dont think so it does'nt look like its ever been changed - would these be the only 2 possibilities seals on the door or windscreen

heater matrix, possibly...... but would have thought you would know if that was the case when mine went it was like being in a sauna... :D

Probably getting past the fan inlet duct seal. Get it fixed quick as water drips on to the ABS controller connector. The seals are about £3 from the stealer.

is it leaking from the top of the window sill? not actually where the door meets the roof, but alittle father up. i believe there are ducts that run the length of the roof and come out the back by the boot. there are pipes that run the water from the sealing on the roof and mine cracked and leaks water inside the car. yes, a pain in the ass

had a good look around to day this is where the waters coming from , whats the solution

Replace the seal that seats between the scuttle panel and the fan inlet duct thing. About £3 from the stealer.

You could remove the fan intake screen and run a bead of silicon around the seal and refit. Worked for me...and plenty of others from what I can remember.

Have you checked behind the door cards? sometimes the water wont run where it is ment to, (on the metal of the door) and runs down the inside of the door card. This may only be a problem if the plastic water proofing has been tampered with.

b4ljx have you got this part yet? i have the same problem wnet to stealers they had 2 seals listed and the guy didnt have a clue. if so do you have part number?

nah been well busy with work , with go to the stealers on monday or just end up using silicon around the seal , but if anyone knows??

I've had the same problem with mine, its really annoying cos mine has had a recent new windscreen fitted but it was with the previous owner at the time so i done know how well it was fitted.

But i think its the heater matrix tho cos it has a slow leak. How much does it cost to buy a matrix?

is this located from opening up the bonnect and its the black casing with a grid on it??

is this located from opening up the bonnect and its the black casing with a grid on it??

Yes and yes.

if it is the fan inlet duct seal would it only make the passenger side wet? mine is wet on both sides so is mine more likey the heater matrix?