Sign in to follow this  
cymru-corrado

which setup?

Got my Corrado this morn it has a Sony xrc5100r headunit and 10 disc changer,running on standard dash and rear 6x4's.

my Polo (which is for sale..shameless plug) has a Sony CDX S2200 headunit driving the standard tweeters and Sony 3way coaxial door speakers. HU is aslo connected upto a Sony amp which powers a set of JBL 6x9's in the rear shelf.

what i want to know is if it better to keep the bits in the Corrado as they are but get door speakers in (is this poss whith the xr HU) or switch everything over from the Polo apart from dash speakers then just put the 10 disc changer in the Polo when selling it?

From memory. 13cm components fit nicely up front but coming from 6x9s to 6x4s you will be tearing your hear out looking for bass.

get yourself a stealth shelf and swap over the 6x9s and loose the oval jobbies completly the difference is amazing.

i've already got a modded mdf board holding 6x9s so just gotta screw it to the Corrado shelf. Dont think i've got the wires in the doors for door speakers.this common and how easy to resolve