Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

Polishing

has anybody tried polishing any car parts themselves? i have a totally fubared spare alloy wheel and have been thinking about polishing it up by hand, its the perfect guinea pig!

not only will this be a bit of fun but if i can actually polish stuff the way i'd like to think i can i can offer a lovely service to you lovely corrado people!

down to business!

i presume you need a hard cutting compound, some fairly tough grade media (similar to wet n dry only not) and a great deal of time, followed by a soft media and a less cutting compound, more like a rough polish and even more time!

tell me if im way off or right on, going to have a go at doing the spare just to see what results can be gained at home, then hopefully do the whole set and maybe some estorils too :D

cheers guys!

thats the general idea you can buy polishing kits from car shows that include everything but it is damn hard work polishing isnt actually that expensive theres a guy called lowvento who will do a set of 4 wheels for £175 which is a bargain!!

cheers guys! found some schtuff, very useful, being a student extra income would be cool and at the moment i have 4 motnhs to pass..