Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Clifford fob messing up

As some of you may already know, I bought a Storm about a month ago. Since I have bought, I have had the fob fail on me a number of times. Now it's fine if it happens in the morning, no one will see me in my garage fumbling away, but when you get out of UGC cinemas with your friends when it's raining and the fob doesnt work, you look like an idiot.

Recently it's started to happen more. I heard the connections come loose in the fob or something, so I just put some tissue to ensure pressure the back plate and the chipboard when the fob closes. I thougth that had solved the problem but it hasn't.

Can someone please suggest a solution? I know I should get another alarm system, which I will, but I don't have the money for that right now. So essentially I need a reparative solution.

Thanks in advance.

Oops, sorry, it was fitted with a Clifford Concept 300 by an approved dealer by the previous owner.

Could buy a new fob and have it programmed to match your alarm.. any Clifford Dealer should be able to supply the fob and reprogram it for not very much money at all? :)

if they do it at random its more likey interferance from an external source, my Fob would always play up near the local firestaton in spain.

It may not be the fob, Cliifford alarm receivers can sometimes go wrong, and you find yourself having to get closer to the car to activate it. Ask a Cliifford Dealer if you might need a long range receiver fitted, shouldn't cost much more than £70 (inc. fitting). If it's not the fob then this is what it probably is.

Also strange I know but microwave ovens can affect car alarms, I have heard a few people having their alarms going off due to the radioactive box!!

I sometimes am right next to the car and still wont work, I doubt there is a discrepancy in the range.

On a side note, I hopefully plan on getting a tracker put in, any ideas which is the best one to go for?

Actually no, I havent changed the battery, but I get a guy who checks these things to come and check. He has like £30k worth of equipment (computerised) in the back of his van and he checks all sorts and made the sure the battery as up to standard along with other things.

So although I haven't changed the battery, I'm pretty sure (on his recommendation) that there should be no problems with it.