Sign in to follow this  
146 Jockey

Headlights

Well, I just bought new headlights for my C. Can anybody recommend bulbs to buy for them. I thought of buying a new loom but was told by ECP that if I bought new lights I wouldn't need the loom. What do you guys think?

Cheers.

mmm well its the loom that lets the lights down and not the headlights itself,if you fitted uprated bulbs you could overheat the wiring and possibly cause a fire???but i may be wrong!!

I just got a set of Phillips H4 Visionplus ones for mine, ment to be 20% better, they are better but about 10% id say, the build is like a normal one but has a blue band round the tip.

worth it IMHO, and when i get my loom, then i'll be sorted.

Thanks Dazzy and G60, going on the hunt today. Want to see what the difference is. Think I may be buying a loom anyway cause the regular lighting is so sh1t. Btw way G60, the reason I bought my new lights was the cowboy who sent me the original ones sent me lefties. Are you looking for spares?

Thanks Dazzy and G60, going on the hunt today. Want to see what the difference is. Think I may be buying a loom anyway cause the regular lighting is so sh1t. Btw way G60, the reason I bought my new lights was the cowboy who sent me the original ones sent me lefties. Are you looking for spares?

Are they late or early left Hand drive headlights, ad what are the Part numbers on the lenses?

They are Hella ones from a 1989 model. I bought them second hand. Another thing is the brackets that keep it screwed on to the car were broken on the new one. They must have been damaged in transit. Rather then send them back I did a bit of a DIY job on it. I took both new and old light apart and replaced the casing on the new with the old. Didn't realise that everything comes apart and swaps quite easily. SO basically I now have one useful headlight on offer. The left side.