Sign in to follow this  
simmyboy

Divers window has dropped slightly

I have been getting wind noise and some water getting past the seal on my drivers window. On closer inspection the window is not going fully up and into the top seal it is short by about 5mm. I have taken the door card off to see if there is any adjustment the only thing I can see is at the bottom of the glass where it sits in the mechanism there is a clamp that only allows left to right adjustment which does not cure the problem. Am I missing something?

There's no adjustment. Only thing I can suggest is you check the window guides are all clear and nothing stopping the glass going all the way up. I have known the 'felt' inserts in the guide rails to kink or displace slightly which stops the glass travelling smoothly/fully.

Yup, I'd say check the guides too - my window slows right down in the last 5cm or so of travel on the way up, and I think it's the guide causing it...

There is slight adjustment you can make,with your door panel off & your window down youll be able to see in the bottom of the window where it connects to the winder mech,there is 2 10mm bolts,if you slacken these you should be able to adjust your window just enough,dont forget to tighten afterwards