Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

Come on then whats the secret??? rounded off bolts!

how the heel do you get rounded off bolts out trying to get the damn caliper carriers off, one bolt sheared off the other will not budge now its rounded off. Got a monkey wrench but that just looses grip tried heat soaking over night, shocked the bolt, but nothing... help!!!!! god knows how im going to get the stud thats left from the sheared one got one of those stud removal kits but its so solid in there its unreal!! gotta get these buggers off so i can fit brembos!!

use a hex socket over the top of the bolt then shock it off there... should come of with out to much probs.

a smaller size one i assume? ive tried that too the metal is too soft it just chews it up but doesnt budge. i might just grind it off then deal with the two studs left!

had exact same problem on a scirocco. I filed some flats onto the head of the bolt and they then came out a treat! Very time consuming though.

Whenever I get a knackered bolt that will just not come out I always use a chisel and a hammer. Put the chisel at as much of a tangent to the bolt head as you can and hammer it round anti clockwise. This usually gets the most solid of bolts out.

Jay