Sign in to follow this  
chance

how much oil? (help - strange situation)

Today i tested my corrado a little bit, and i had strange situation

after some 10-20 min of driving my corrado at high speed, (120-200 km/h) my oil lamp blinked for short period and i heard beep!

This happened just after the speeding and when i slowed down at around 40-60 km/h, and maybe what is more important while going uphill. I looked at MFA at that moment and oil temp was 114. About 10-15 min later (normal driving bellow or around 60), again going uphill (temp on MFA was around 104-106) i heard beep again and lamp blinked again.

There is enough oil in it. I have changed oil few months ago (OMV Full-syn), and i suppose that oil could influence this a lot, since the oil is really "liquid". Is it ok if i put a little bit over max oil or not? Anyone had similar situation? Your thoughts, recommendations...? I just hope that this is an oil situation and not some bigger issue...

:roll:

It'd be worth checking the wiring on your oil sensors before panicking about anything else. The wires that attach to them get brittle and can snap. I've had it happen to me, light comes on, noise, shit your self and then with a lot of relief discover that its only a broken wire going to one of your oil sensors. :lol: :lol: A VW mechanic I know says 9 times out of 10 its just a faulty oil sensor or broken wire! ;-) ;-)

What grade oil did you use??? - sounds like it's getting a bit too thin with the hot weather, I'd change it for some 10-40 Semi synth and see if the problem goes away.

today everything worked fine,

forgot to check for oil specs... will post them later

about uphill thing, nothing special i was just goinh uphill 30 deg maybe...

just it might have been coincidence

What are the sympthoms if oil pump is broke?

blinking and beeping all the time????

What are the sympthoms if oil pump is broke?

blinking and beeping all the time????

a sort of clattering noise, shortly followed by various engine parts becoming visible in the rear-view mirror, partially obscured by clouds of smoke.

Best wishes

RB