Sign in to follow this  
kenc

corrado 4 to 5 stud

Hello people just recently brought myself a vw, converted from the french pugs. Brought a corrado 2.0 16v L reg mulberry purple in colour. Problem is I recently brought a set of allys which are 5 stud and my raddo is 4. I dont want to sell the rims as I have been after these for a long time Audi TT competition rims. I have been told they are 5x100 pcd, and that my raddo has 256mm front disc's.

What I want to know is: whats needed in the conversion I have been told All I need to do is:

FRONT: Buy new hubs for a post 95 vr6 corrado,new discs,and bearings

REAR: Buy new discs and bearings, is this info correct being new to the dub scene I hav'nt a clue wots involved thanks people.

Do i keep my calipers and what discs do i buy corrado vr6 or golf mk3 gti

Unfortunately it's not that simple, as the VR6 front hubs won't fit without changing the driveshafts as the spline sizes are different - and the MK3 Golf items are the same apparently... Unless you go for custom-drilled hubs (can't re-drill your existing ones as the holes would overlap), then it can't be done AFAIK... Unless someone wants to correct me?!

Oh, and welcome to the forum mate! Apologies that the first response you got was a bit of a negative! :oops:

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Got a little more info on the 16v you just bought? I've been trying to find my old 1994 2.0 16v in Blackberry ever since I sold it about two years ago..

Yeah.. well in short, I think you've pretty much summed up everything you need to do. If you want some more advice on this conversion, its discussed at great length on the Corrado section at the VW Vortex. The address is http://www.vwvortex.com :)

But hopefully someone will pop into this thread to help confirm the information you need..

I have done this conversion

Rears are easy, just buy vr6 discs

Fronts, you can use vr6 front hubs, but your abs rings wont fit unless you drill new holes in the hubs, you cant use vr6 abs rings cause they will sit too far away from the sensors, you will also need vr6 outter cv joints, and you will have to get your 256mm discs drilled to 5 stud and the machine 1mm off the outside edge of the vr6 hub for yours discs to fit over them (vr6 discs wont fit, different offset)

Now for the way i converted the front:

You can buy custom 5 stud hubs from http://www.eurospecsport.com/ then all you need to do is get your discs drilled to 5 stud

Bournemouth James, I'm looking at doing this to my G60 (w/abs)but everyone I speak to gives a different answer...

How much did the Hubs cost and will I be able to use Vr6 280mm discs with these?

Thanks for the welcome peeps, Could I buy mk3 Golf gti 5 stud 256mm disc's,to fit with vr6 hubs and outer cv joints,Also are there any companies that will carry the conversion out and supply all parts. As the drilling and machine sounds like hassle to me finding a company to take it on

Another option is to sell the rims and buy some 4 stud rims if any 1 is interested in the rims or a px let me know, but ideally i want to get the rims on,2 rims are new, the other 2 slightly curbed tyres are 205/40/17 1 brand new, other 3 will need replacing,How much are they worth as I was given them by a friend for a job i had done and he had no cash at the time, thanks people

Got any pictures of them mate? Wouldn't mind Photoshopping em to see what they look like on a MK IV Golf...

i do have a pic of 1 of the wheels from a side profile shot mate but do not know how to host it, i can send it via msn mate

S'ok.. have had a look on UK MKIV's and found some examples of Golfs on those wheels. They look ok.. but.. think i'll keep looking for now.

You can buy the custom hubs from:

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pag ... Drivetrain

Thats the place i got mine from, i paid a total of £180.66 and thats including delivery and customs charges

As far as i know, you cant use vr6 discs cause they have different offset, more info on this can be found here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=407866

I have had my discs drilled, and it could'nt be simpler, you use one of the existing holes, and have 4 new holes drilled, just take them to any machine shop and tell them what you want

Thanks for your help people but it seems like a lot of hassle to convert. And not being mechanically minded I think I would be better suited to buy 4 stud rims, :(

why dont you just convert the rear the (easy way discs) and get front adaptor for the fronts. you'll need to put spacers on the rear to bring them out a bit and try and get 15mm adaptors on the fronts. but using the tt rims which have 32et. so they do stick out. you'll need pref 195 45 17. ( p zero do them) contact darren, (g-man) he may be able to you adapters. they may still rub, i had to get the arches cut and rolled. and flared.