Sign in to follow this  
RACK

My Project

I've had my G60 for just over 2 years now, I got it when I was the tender age of 20, and yes the insurance was and still is stupid :mad:

I've had my share of probs with it, and even cosidered selling it a one bit to buy a Subaru :? (I'l just wash my mouth out)!

But after having a good think and having to shell out 1.5K for a new charger (the top bearing dropped out and I needed a new casing aswell as a rebuild), I decided to make a proper go of it.

Here's the spec list and some pics

Engine; Gas flowed/ported charger, JabbaSport 68mm pulley and chip, check valve, Jetex induction kit with heat shield, Power flow stainless system exhaust.

Full boge shocks and springs

Zimmerman Drilled disc with Padgid fast road pads

16'' 5 spokes with BF Goodrige all round

VR6 Bonnet, Later Spec Grill and a Shiney C bagde beacuse some kind person stole my white one :mad:

I'm planning a full engine re-build with a Kent cam and gas flowed head in the next month or so, and a front mounted intercooler.

Also like bigger wheels and a different exhaust (not sure about the tail pipe on mine, my cousin had it done before I bought it off him)

Oh and I had to get rid of the G60 chin spoiler because it used to nearly rip my bumper off when I put it in my garage!!!

Hope you all like???

Nice!! Those alloys really suit the car... looks very nice mate :)

Thanks peeps! Oh and you wouldn't believe how cheap you can get those wheels for now!!! I saw them the other day for about £400! D'oh I paid nearly £600 for them 18 months ago!!! :oops:

I'll keep everyone posted when further stuff is done

Yeah, the tyres were in with that but they aren't real Khans. I wanted some real Khans but couldn't get hold of them for ages and they were expensive, then I saw these in an advert for South Coast Wheels and as you can see unless you get close you can't really tell the difference. If you want to go for buget tyres, you can get a set for of 16's for about 400, 17's are about 500 and 18's are only about 600 or 700 now with rubber. Mine came with marshall power racer tyres, and although people slated them, they lasted me well over a year and gripped fine. IMHO they were a bargin! :lol: :lol:

If you want their number they usually have a big 2 or 3 page spread in Fast Car, but if you can't find it give me a shout. These style wheels are well cheap now, but I still think they look pretty cool 8)

Thought, it's about time I did an update on this.

Since last time, I've had a few bits done.

Re-built Charger and Golf IC fitted (AWESOME MOD!!)

Boost return mod.

De-badged front grill

and Swapped the Half smooked rear lights for some all red ones (Cheers Bally)

I'll try and get some better pics soon, but I took one with my camera phone the other night so here it is.

Nice!! Those alloys really suit the car...

Agreed. I think 16" are about the ideal size for the C, but each to their own....

Nice car! :thumb right:

I'll wash it and get some more pics this weekend. I'll try and get a fewvids too

"BALLY They look well good mate

I'll wash it and get some more pics this weekend. I'll try and get a fewvids too

"BALLY They look well good mate

Nice one, glad you like em matey :wink:

A vid will be here soon, thanks to JimsG60.

I know the quality isn't the best but atleast it gives you some idea of how my C sounds from the inside.

what does that play in? It's not recognised by my PC and I've not seen a 3gp file before... :|

WOW i am in love with your C!! only wished that Mr Bank Manager would give me some more money!!

WANT ANOTHER C!!!

Thanks mate, I still love it too, but time has come to move on and I'm getting the feeling to get my own place. Hopefully it's gonna go to a good owner. I'll def have another G60 though!!!