Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

G60 Running hot.

Hi All, I have just bought a G60 off a friend (nice too !) but the cooling system runs at 110 on the guage all the time.My mate had it nearly a year and it never overheated, i've had it a couple of weeks and it hasn't. i've had the warning light flashing on and off a few times when it has just gone over 110.this can't be right surely ?.I have changed the coolant but it's still the same. this is my first corrado (great car ! always wanted one) so i'm not in the know about them yet, can anybody help please ?.Regards chris.

Which warning light?? - there is one for the level in the tank but not the temp...

Might be worth changing the black sender unit as they are cheap, if its still the same look at the thermostat and pump and also the thermoswitch and rad fan are working.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

Hi Supercharged,thanks for quick reply. ive just run the engine till it got hot. top hose on rad is hot bottom one is cold. is that thermostat problem ? .Thanks chris.

It could be a thermostat problem but how long did you run it for?

The fan needs to cycling on and off to ensure it's up to operating temp.

Gavin

It's within a plastic housing off the water pump.. luckily this can be changed from underneath without taking the charger off!

Best to buy a new stat, plastic housing and bolts and change the lot...

same symptoms as what i had when my stat had died.

power steering pump needs dropping,not too much hassle though.

and when my water pump died :lol: i had coolant pi$$ing out of the pump and it was boiling over out of the expansion bottle.

neil.