Sign in to follow this  
A9X SJ

Wipers Stalk (Problem) Help

My window wipers wont stop unless the fuse is out :cry:

I have tried new relays & wiper motor still no luck :(

So im guessing it's either wiper stalk or some dodgy wiring somewhere :x

So does anyone have the part number for the part & price would be good :wink:

Or suggest another idea

wiper stalk, GSF sell them ro of course VW.

Steering wheel needs to come off to fit it. You can just plug it in to see if it works though.

You may be able to see the problem and fix the stalk that is presently fitted.

Gavin

i'm having a similar issue in that my wiper will only work when the lever is 'up' and doesn't auto return to the bottom of the windshield when turned off.. when i put the lever down, nothing happens at all. also, my left turn signal doesn't pop back into place when i finish a turn... can i get a link to this place?? TIA

i'm having a similar issue in that my wiper will only work when the lever is 'up' and doesn't auto return to the bottom of the windshield when turned off.. when i put the lever down, nothing happens at all. also, my left turn signal doesn't pop back into place when i finish a turn... can i get a link to this place?? TIA

The wiper not parking or not working on intermitant is a relay problem if at always been like this then someone has fitted a standard relay in the wiper relay slot if it's just started then either the relays gone or the feed to the small terminal on that relay this feed comes from the wiper lever

to test the relay park the wipers half way on the screen and the put a 12volt feed to the small terminal with the ing on and if the relays ok it will park the wipers

as for the turn signal the arm has a small peg that is hit by a block on the bottom of the steering wheel to turn it off it's more than likely just a worn peg

Rob :)