Sign in to follow this  
red corrado16v

Tyre pressures

What tyre pressures do you recommend to run @ on standard 185/55/15 tyres ? Owners manual recommendes 38 front 32 rear but that seems a bit excessive ? is this causing my tracking camber problems(see last topic)

Just looked in VW manual and it lists both 185/55/15 or 195/50/15 as standard fit tyres,Car had these tyres on when purchased so last owner must have gone for cheapest option.

Ahh ok, I stand corrected.

Your tyre pressures shouldn't cause any pulling from one side to the other so long as they're both the same pressure.

If they are over-inflated then the car won't be gripping the road properly and you'll get wear in the middle of the tyre and not the edges. If they're under inflated then you'll be getting excessive drag and the steering will feel very heavy. You'll also get wear on the outsides of the tyres before the middle.

If the car feels unstable at speed and wanders in no particular direction, then I'd say it's going to be your rear axle bushes. They really do transform the car when they're changed.

However, as this is all a related problem, it's probably going to help you if you keep everything in one post - that way people can see what you've tried and what has been suggested before, so I'm going to lock this one up.