rixy

Sticky Sunroof, Non working Full Closure

hi, i have a 1993 raddo vr6, it currently has a toad full closure alarm fitted, however when i bought the car (2 months ago) the full closure did not work, it only closes the window about 10mm, then stops, it does the same with the sunroof etc! Is there anything i can do to get the system working properly as its quite annoying having to close everything manually when i want to lock up!

On a differnat note, my sunroof motor is knackered, it tilts both ways fine, when you pus the switch, however to slide it open and closed, you have to keep pushing the switch hundreds of times in the direction you want it to go, otherwise it just stops! The runners were replaced before i bought the car, and it opens fully eventually, so the runners are in good order,i think the motors gone, does anybody have any suggestions on what i could try, as this may be a reason why my full closure does not work,

any help would be great, cheers

when you pus the switch, however to slide it open and closed, you have to keep pushing the switch hundreds of times in the direction you want it to go, otherwise it just stops!

Mine started doing that last week!! Damn annoying in this hot weather

I greased it up 6 months ago, and again last weekend but it still doesnt work properly :(

Anybody know what to do about this? My VR suffers from the same problem as the OP. Tilts fine and without any issues...

But to go backwards and forwards you have to press the button about 100 times to make it fully open and close. The runners look nice and clean and are well greased thanks to the previous owner.. but what the hell could cause this? Neil suggested it is just the sunroof seal being new so quite tight.. but even trying to help the mechanism by pushing the sunroof panel in either direction when it's trying to close makes zero difference.

I had this issue. Would have to push the switch a number of times to slide open or close the sunroof. Replaced the motor (scrappies £15) and been working fine ever since.