Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

speedo connections?

I recently replaced my speedo clocks/dials/whatever with a new unit, since then my rev counters been on the fritz. Basically at aprox 100mph the rev counter is showing almost 6k, and the little MFA revs function shows that the needle is only reading about 200 under what it should be. obviously somethings not right and I suspect I've missed something when reconnecting the dials. The only connection i could see was a big plug, is there anything else that should be there or is there any other reason why my revs could be so out? the car idles at 1k when first started, down to 600/700 when warm which I think is abvout right... very confused!

You're right Chris there's only one plug. I have experienced problems with reconnecting it in the past when most things seem to work but the odd thing doesn't. Haven't had your symptom, but you could try disconnecting and reconnecting it again to see if that cures it - its a pita to get at though isn't it which is why it might not be hooked on properly.