Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

lower running temps!

if anyone's intrested in running there corrados at cooler running temps please let us know as we are getting a load of cooler stats and and fan switches in and want to have enough for every one! :lol:

Just to get a little more information....

What kinds of Corrado's will it fit?

Can you give an approximate estimate of the cost incl labour?

I don't think I would be interested as much, but I guess a few guys on here might be - and it saves them asking the questions :)

if anyone's intrested in running there corrados at cooler running temps please let us know as we are getting a load of cooler stats and and fan switches in and want to have enough for every one! :lol:

How much does the I80 degrees thermo for the g60 work out at, I already have the fan switch :-)

Is this really necessary. My car hasn't come on fan for around 3 months-yes it is working. I thought about this in the past. My car seems to run best between 78-90 degrees. now at the moment it seems to struggle to reach higher temps. correct me if im wrong but 82.2 is bout 180F-ideal running temps. therefore would i run too cool with one of these thermostats/fan switches for my likeing. Also would it not be better to just rid ourselves of the heat exchanger we call a oil cooler and fit a proper one instead as a start

pls advise cos i may be full of it

Is this really necessary. My car hasn't come on fan for around 3 months-yes it is working. I thought about this in the past. My car seems to run best between 78-90 degrees. now at the moment it seems to struggle to reach higher temps. correct me if im wrong but 82.2 is bout 180F-ideal running temps. therefore would i run too cool with one of these thermostats/fan switches for my likeing. Also would it not be better to just rid ourselves of the heat exchanger we call a oil cooler and fit a proper one instead as a start

pls advise cos i may be full of it

I live on the Costa Del Sol and it get very hot here

The cooler fan switch and thermo will make the engine run cooler and thus help keep the oil temp down a little!!!

:D

As for the heat exchanger, oil cooler is a great idea but i've not got room wth the air con too :x

well yes the oil cooler is another worth while mod! we do this kit for £140 + p&p we use this because we regulary have customers coming to us running there oil up to a max of 150deg(eh g60supercharged) this is not doing anything much good on a g60!

the cooler stat and fan switch is going to be £40 deliverd to your door.

the g60 is so well known for running hot i belive both of these mod's are very worthwhile and pretty inexpensive!

these parts will also fit the 16v/8v non forced fed engine aswell!

How does the oil cooler fit a g60? do you remove the factory cooler and fit the take off there? does your kit include an oil stat?

thanks

darren i will take one of the low temp stats off you how much will it set me back and how do i go about paying you?? i just picked up my low temp fan switch today from vw but the but the plug on it is different than the connecter on the corrado loom whats the story there?? have i gotten the wrong one?