Sign in to follow this  
blackcat

Diesel Golfs

I am looking for a cheap runaround and thinking of an oldish (mk 3) diesel golf, my maximum budget is £1000.

Who knows about diesel golfs and what kind of things should I be looking out for?

I went down just the same path a few months ago- The trouble is everybody is looking for these things so 90% of the ones advertised are sheds bought by dealers at auctions for £500 then put out at £1500- its very hard to find a good example.

I ended up with a Corsa 1.7d- got a minter with one lady owner and 83K on the clock- but even that was an overpriced £1100. Very pleasant drive - the joy of pogoing over speedbumps in a car with a foot of suspension travel- heaven I tell thee :)

Going to look at a k reg tonight -£650. As long as it lasts 6months to a year I'm not really fussed, I just need a car with decent mpg and one that is more than 5mm from the road and isn't going to get stuck in the first pothole I come across!!

mate of mine saw an L reg with 117K T&T at auction not too long ago.......

sold for £250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1