Sign in to follow this  
Riley

setting up g60 fuel and ignition. page 3 help

thank feck :lol:

yeah,switch alters between 2% and 10% dont know what its for,left it on 2%...

so at .5% its all good? :D

cheers,neil.

need a confirmation of how to set the co the correct and propper way guys.

since all the trouble and problems ive checked it today and its at 0.3%

if i use the multimeter on the co pot it changes when i adjust it,but yet the c.o wont go above 0.3% :?

which ever way i turn it,how ever much i turn it,it always settles at the same value :?

so could someone just confirm the correct way to do this?

ie:with not having a cat,should i stick the probe up the tailpipe or use the take off on the manifold?

should the car be up to temp?

do i need to disconnect anything?

why isnt the co pot altering the reading? :? but yet its working according to the multimeter?

neil.

its getting there m8,thanks for asking.

its driveable,but still has intermittent power,i think ive had 2 main problems,one being the ecu and the other im yet to find out.

it may be the hall sender in the dizzy.

from page 2

need a confirmation of how to set the co the correct and propper way guys.

since all the trouble and problems ive checked it today and its at 0.3%

if i use the multimeter on the co pot it changes when i adjust it,but yet the c.o wont go above 0.3% :?

which ever way i turn it,how ever much i turn it,it always settles at the same value :?

so could someone just confirm the correct way to do this?

ie:with not having a cat,should i stick the probe up the tailpipe or use the take off on the manifold?

should the car be up to temp?

do i need to disconnect anything?

why isnt the co pot altering the reading? :? but yet its working according to the multimeter?

neil.

If you have a gas annaliser set your lambda valve to 1v on idle this will give you stoichamectric valve.

what does this mean?

i always thought you set the co with the car in service mode. service mode is just that to make adjustments.

co pipe up exhaust pipe or at the manifold makes no difference except about 10 secs for the readings to change, quicker at the manifold

car should be at running temp ie allow the cooling fan to kick in once

disconnect the blue sensor, rev 3 times over 2000 rpm and allow to idle , set the tickover with the airscrew in the throttle housing and check the co. if you now adjust the co pot you will see the reading change after 10 or so secs. set the the co and when happy switch off the engine. reconnect the sensor and restart.

the co will always try and read the same normally regardless of the co pot as the lambda corrects the fuelling hence why it doesnt change when you adjust the co pot

your co reader doesnt do stoicamectric reading but its the perfect air fuel ratio and is 14:7 parts air to 1 part fuel or lambda 1

mot limit is 0.97-1.03 if i rember right

try that and see how you go

that is after you have set your timing

thanks m8,

thing is though,when i unplug the bts the co reading goes mad,bends the needle on the machine!

thats because its setup wrong. reset the co pot to 500 ohms then do the set up a described. mine was 4.6% when i unplugged the bts reset to 2.5% and it runs like a dream