fla

Trolley jack points

I have an old Corrado top mount I use on mine - has been pretty good and still in perfect shape!

I have an old Corrado top mount I use on mine - has been pretty good and still in perfect shape!

Jim what a great idea! I just happened to recently get my rear shocks replaced and was given the mounts back in a box.. Perfect fit within the recess of the hydraulic jack.. After observing the deformation along the seams towards the front of my car I had cut wood to spread the load in that area but reconsidered after some alarming creaking noises!

Some great tips on here. Ended up using a low profile hydraulic jack on the middle bolt shown in VR6monkeys pic on Page 5 of this thread for the front.. Initially without the top mount and I think I must've caught the edge of the lip when jacking it up as there was a massive bang, and I came pretty close to soiling myself.. Was convinced I'd went through the floor of the car but turned out alright.. So tried again with top mount after reading Jims post and it went up with no drama. Was putting the rear of the car up at the same time via the flat area discussed in this thread inboard of where the dimple mark is using a standard hydraulic jack and piece of wood to spread the load a bit.. Repeated this both sides and finally happy to have found what feels like a safe and reliable method!

Thanks all!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94705[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]94708[/ATTACH]