Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

ggrrrrrrrrr dx bolt!!!

so i take the rado in top have the alignment done i say to them theres a replacement crank bolt in the glove box can you fit it, yes they say, 2 hrs later hello mr reeve sorry it wont fit, yes it bloody will i know it looks different but it will fit!!!! ok mr reeve sorry im sure it will, 2 hrs later hello mr reeve sorry but the bottom pulley fell off when we tried to do it. well your a tw*t then arent you i hope i wont have to pay for you to retime my car? ill let you know mr reeve.

they say now that they can fit the bolt as they realised they need to take the v belt pulley off first to get a socket on the 22mm dx bolt!

should i have to pay to have the car retimed??

Sounds very similar to my experience when I head my boltchanged (only because I couldn't get the original bolt out, no airdriven impact wrench to hand, let alone the air compressor). Took 'm 5 seconds to get the bolt out, but as I'd forgotten to tell them that there are 2 more pulleys on the crankshaft pulley, both under strain from their respective belts, the whole assembly had nudged somewhat, and hence the slightly larger-headed DX bolt (22 mm instead of 19 mm head) fitted, but didn't leave enough clearance for their socket to grip it.

They then proceeded to try and take off the 2 outer pulleys, rounded off 2 of the 4 Allen bolts, took off the whol assembly inclusive timing belt instead and repositioned it again :x

I then checked the timing myself at home (marks all ligned up, checked the timing was still OK at 6°BTDC), noticed a squeek at a certain engine rpm, which was due to a slightly overtightened timing belt tensioner, which was easily fixed as well.

As to your question: They shouldn't have to retime your Rado, if they haven't touched the timing belt.

Tempest

They shouldn't have to retime your Rado

well thats what i said oh well ill see tomo ill just be happy to have the new bolt in then i only have to worry about it catching fire!!

...unless you've got a toothed belt conversion on your G60... :oops: :roll: :lol:

well they sorted it all back together then snapped a bolt off somewhere so they are replacing that (not sure what) the guy that caused the pulley to fall off in the first place handed in his notice today as a result of the dressing down he got over it!! hell loosen the aux belts next time!!